Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Sea_Wolf
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Not sure what happened but yesterday as I was in my basement with all 6 of my machines powered up but not playing any games. As I was standing and reading something online, my Eight Ball suddenly made the chime box sound it does on power up. And when I looked at the backglass I noticed that it suddenly read ‘20’ credits and the ‘High Game to Date’ was wiped out and replaced with the score ‘4444444’.

There was no power surge from a storm or any activity on any of my games at the time. It also had been playing flawlessly. The only issue that makes me wonder is that I’ve got 1-2 connectors that go to the Rectifier board that are looking slightly burnt and that sometimes the top half of the backglass 47 lamps sometimes don’t light up.

Anybody have any ideas or do I just need to get new connectors and re-pin? Thanks for any advice.
Danny

#2 4 years ago

Repin if in doubt. These will only get worse over time. Check power supply DC level AND AC ripple. Dirty power can cause strange occurances. Filter components such as caps can permit spurious noise into data circuits. Chip creep can oxidize socket to pin connections. Lastly, ICs can simply age over time.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

Repin if in doubt. These will only get worse over time. Check power supply DC level AND AC ripple. Dirty power can cause strange occurances. Filter components such as caps can permit spurious noise into data circuits. Chip creep can oxidize socket to pin connections. Lastly, ICs can simply age over time.

Thanks wayout440 for all the tips. To start, I think I’m just going to repin all the connectors on that particular plug-in wafer like you suggested because I’ve got the connectors and a new wafer and it needs to be done anyway. I’m just super slow crimping and there are a lot of connectors on this one.

Hopefully that will solve the issue. If not, I’ll refer back to your checklist. Appreciate your help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 199.95
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 99.00
$ 10.00
$ 69.00
Machine - For Sale
Tehachapi, CA
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-eight-ball-strange-occurrence- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.