Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by KenLayton
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I am having an issue with this machine continually rebooting itself at random intervals. The machine has three new Alltek boards - solenoid driver board, MPU board and lamp driver board. The only original board is the power supply board. I thought I had a connector issue but if I move all the board connectors, I can't make the issue happen. I have heard of this on Williams games but can't find an existing topic for a Bally that helps me. Any ideas where to start?

#2 6 years ago

Slam tilts look like a reboot in this game. Make sure the slam switch is not getting closed.

#3 6 years ago

My Power Play does this sometimes too. Usually in the middle of a good game. I think in my case it is a connector issue on the solenoid driver board. I would like to fix this as well.......

#4 6 years ago

Might be a pinched wire in the coin door harness near the hinge.

#5 6 years ago

When it happens, does the cpu board go through all the blinks again and enter Attract?

Have you repined the connectors? The female/harness side of J4 on MPU and the two connectors on the right side of the SDB.

#6 6 years ago

Thanks all great suggestions. The slam switches were not closing, no pinched wires in the door area. I did repin and replace the 19 pin connector at J4 on the MPU and so far so good on correcting the rebooting issue.

Now that I got the game to stay on I can't get the game to accept any credits. I jumped out the coin switches to test for a possible bad switches but still nothing. Everything appears to come to life (lights & sounds) when the game is booted. Any thoughts on that?

#7 6 years ago

Coin switches go through a different connector (J3) on the MPU board so it might need to be repinned.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Tehachapi, CA
$ 10.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kalamazoo, MI

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-eight-ball-rebooting-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.