• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

30FC0AB2-FF91-4D75-BD45-3ED3A56528AC (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
CFBF3038-AF88-4C04-9386-A9469F049BC2 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 5 years ago

J1

P1 - White (GI Return)
P2 - Green (GI Return)
P3 - Not typically used (Switched Illumination Buss spare)
P4 - Key
P5 - Orange (GI Buss)
P6 - Brown (Solenoid Buss)
P7 - Blue (Switched Illumination Buss)
P8 - Red (GI Buss)

There are the ~typical~ wire colors. You game may not be using the white and red GI wires (or they got hacked in somewhere else, look around) and i'd bet that gray wire is the solenoid bus. Maybe follow it to PF or DMM check it.

Looks like you need to re-crimp that green wire and maybe some others. The insulation jacket should just be on the out most crimp part. Bare wire in the middle inner crimp part.

#4 5 years ago

The gi is split into two runs to reduce current draw. keep it that way.

if you have all the current going through one connector contact because wires are hacked together it will probably burn up again unless you use LEDs.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Interesting. So is there a solution for me, given the hacks, other than installing LEDs?

Either led or incandescent your best off to repin the connector the same way it originally was done.

Look at the PF near the back and find where the GI runs start. Do you have four differ wire colors for GI? If so follow them back through the harness and recrimp wires to where they originally go.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Well, being the rookie that I am, the 2 GI return wires were staring me in the face. Instead of hacking and taping off the green wire and white wire, he hacked them and grounded them to a screw in the backbox. Laziness? What effect would that have? I’m assuming I need to take those wires and re-pin them to the wafer connector instead of leaving them grounded. Correct?[quoted image]

Hah thats a good one using the the metal shielding as return. Pretty much laziness and/or lack of tools/equipment to do it right. Not the end of the world but I would not leave it like that. Can't remove the playfield without taking that off.

Proper fix would be to split those wires up and crimp individually. Put them into the connector position where they should go. Looks like J1 P1 and P2

#12 5 years ago

Some games had two wires so two holes where included on the PCB. If you have one E10 wire it doesnt matter which hole you use.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tehachapi, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 179.00
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.00
$ 10.00
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakandl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-eight-ball-j1-rectifier-board?tu=barakandl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.