Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 months ago by Sea_Wolf
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DA6AB4F5-4474-4D5D-B2F1-FCDB17FAD1B3 (resized).jpeg

#1 8 months ago

Last night I was reconnecting my LED trough light using alligator clips. I thought I was connecting to a GI bulb, but I was wrong. I attempted to clip one end of the alligator clip to the bottom of a light socket, which was the insert light for the target for ball 6. Almost instantly the light went off and I removed the clip. Now the bulb works but it’s extremely dim(see pic). I replaced the bulb, no change. Then I put in an LED bulb, it works with full brightness, however the LED bulb flickers.

So how do I fix this dim bulb?

DA6AB4F5-4474-4D5D-B2F1-FCDB17FAD1B3 (resized).jpeg
#2 8 months ago

Probably damaged the SCR for that lamp by shorting it. Find which one it is on the lamp board and replace it.

(LED requires less current so it can still light, but has the common Bally LED flickering issue)

#3 8 months ago

+1 for a bad SCR for that lamp. Don't ask me how I know.

#4 8 months ago

I just bought a new Alltek Lamp Driver Board for my Eight Ball after getting tired of replacing SCRs. It came with an optional wire that attaches to a Test Point and Ground specifically to keep the LEDs from flickering. For once all my lamps are working. Wondering if there is a way to combat the flickering LED problem on the older boards.

#5 8 months ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

I just bought a new Alltek Lamp Driver Board for my Eight Ball after getting tired of replacing SCRs. It came with an optional wire that attaches to a Test Point and Ground specifically to keep the LEDs from flickering. For once all my lamps are working. Wondering if there is a way to combat the flickering LED problem on the older boards.

They make resistor adapter boards

#6 8 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

They make resistor adapter boards

Good to know for my NGS. Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
$ 44.99
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 149.00
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 7.65
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside