3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by insight75
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago
    Quoted from insight75:

Hi all,
    Just picked up a Bally Eight Ball which had the extra chime coil missing. The wires were sitting there and I connected the 2 to a voltmeter to see if I could simply install a new coil and it would work. However, I'm getting zero volts during the test and during the start-up chime. Any idea on what I can check on this? I would assume if there was a bad transistor I would get a constant volt reading.
    Thanks,
    Greg

The chimes all get +43VDC and this voltage is daisy chained from one chime to the next. If your other chimes are working, check for an open between the 43 VDC supply power between a working chime and the one that is not getting any voltage. Once you have the voltage there, if the transistor for that chime Q7 on the SDB, and wiring is good etc., then when the transistor is turned on it completes the path to ground to fire the chime.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayout440.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-eight-ball-chime-extra-not-working?tu=wayout440 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.