7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bally_flip_enable_circuit_(resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

I have a Bally EBD, and up until yesterday everything worked fine. No power now at the Right flipper. Both left flippers work correctly, and show 43 volts at the coil when the button is pressed. Absolutely nothing on the right flipper.

I checked EOS switches, they are closed and there is continuity to the coil lugs.

I checked the diodes, there is continuity through each diode.

I understand this power comes off the fuse and goes directly to all 3 flippers with a common wire.

Anything I'm missing? The coil looks fine, no broken wires,.. even if the coil was bad there should still be power at the coil?

I cleaned all EOS and cabinet switches, and checked continuity.

No problems.

What am I missing?

#2 7 years ago

The flipper enable relay on the solenoid/regulator board?

#3 7 years ago

Does this relay control each flipper individually?

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

Are you in Mobile? I'm from Pensacola currently in Alaska (with military), but Pensacola is my home. I see you have quite the game list... are they private or do you route them?

Is yours the Gorgar that's on Craigslist? Good overall list of games... I'd like to know where to play them when I'm back in the area.

I have Getaway, T2, F14, EBD... many more coming for my private collection. I'm looking for Firepower, Space Shuttle, Tommy, NFL (stern) and a couple others. It's addicting.

Thanks for any info!

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

How to test this or know?

#6 7 years ago

Yes the flips are separated in the enable relay circuit.

bally_flip_enable_circuit_(resized).jpgbally_flip_enable_circuit_(resized).jpg

You need to pull that solenoid board and check the backside behind the relay for burnt traces and cracked solder.

Yes, Mobile.

All personal, none on route just now, though I have dabbled and hope to do so again.

No, I'm keeping my Gorgar.

Look me up when you get back to Mobile...maybe I will have a few games back up and running. My gameroom suffered a sell-off and most of the games left don't work cause I had to rob parts to get them ready to sell. My games are kinda in dis-repaired limbo for the nonce.

#7 7 years ago

Yes, the flips are separated in the enable circuit. You need to pull the solenoid board and check the back for burnt traces and cracked solder behind that relay.

bally_flip_enable_circuit_(resized).jpgbally_flip_enable_circuit_(resized).jpg

Yes, Mobile.

All personal, none on route.

There's a Gulf Coast Gameroom Collectors group that has occasional meet-ups. I don't think we've reached a member cap yet...

http://www.gulfcoastpinballandarcade.com/

#8 7 years ago

Huh, dunno how the above happened...

#9 7 years ago

Bad solder joint... that was it. Thanks!

Hopefully you can get your games back together.

Are you a member of the Facebook page for the gulf coast club? I found that recently. Can't wait to return and do some pin-networking.
Jamie

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from kilmarnock1350:

Bad solder joint... that was it. Thanks!
Hopefully you can get your games back together.
Are you a member of the Facebook page for the gulf coast club? I found that recently. Can't wait to return and do some pin-networking.
Jamie

I'm getting better at reading schematics, but I'm not there yet. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 90.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-ebd-no-power-at-rt-flipper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.