• Latest reply 7 years ago by maestro
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8473_(resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

I'm putting my EBD back together after clear coating. Reassembled everything, and I fried the Aux Lamp Driver board at Q26 (second from bottom).

Help me to understand what can cause this, I assume a short somewhere... to ground? under the playfield makes sense because I had disassembled most everything. If it is something else, I'd be confused why.

Manual says Q26 is the #2 Left and Right lane strobe.

Where to start looking?

Thanks!

IMG_8473_(resized).JPGIMG_8473_(resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

First off, check to make sure nothing had fallen inside those 2 sockets that could cause a short.

After that, look for pinched wiring.

#3 7 years ago

Just curious. I have an EBD and have been thinking of doing the very same thing. How long and how difficult was it to strip the playfield and put it all back together?

As for your problem I agree with indypinhead. Also look for leaf switches that could be broken and the wire dangling. Anything that is out of pace. Pull on wires where the solder to connections to see if they are solid. Get another person to look at it with you. Two weeks ago I have my slings, bumpers and everything in the column in that switch matrix stop working. I looked all over and could not find a short. Started looking into the board. I tested with a signal from the board pin all the way out to every switch and got signal. Tested all the switch diodes. Everything tested good. Had a friend come over and look at it with me. He noticed almost right off one of the 30pt switches around the bumpers was broken off with the wire still attached and It was laying on another switch. Taped it off and it started working properly, minus the 30 point switch. Point is lots of times after you've looked and looked and can't find it a new set of eyes often can see it. Its there its just a matter of finding it. Use your tested and test for continuity by plugging the board to the harness. Put one of your tester probes to the pin on the back of the plug on the pin in question and the other end out to the switch in question. Continuity yes then try it at other points nearby under the playfield and see if you're getting continuity elsewhere via a short. Just an idea. Good luck and don't rip your hair out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 179.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-ebd-aux-lamp-driver-burned-trace and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.