Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by gdonovan
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

I have a Bally Mr and Mrs Pac Man that needs a AS-3071-7 transformer. I have on hand a E-00122-0125c transformer from a Bally Lost World. Is it possible to use/convert the transformer from the Lost world in to one that will work in the Mr Mrs Pac Man? The schematics show similar but different outputs. Just wondering if someone else had success with a work around. Thanks for any help!

#2 2 years ago

You really can't. Besides the effort to add the connectors, older Bally's that did not use an aux lamp board had smaller transformers while the redesigned power assembly came with a much larger transformer to handle the extra lamp load. If you know what you are doing and have the right parts it might work, however my recommendation is to find a proper replacement.

#3 2 years ago

Thanks For the explanation Al. I’ll put an ad up in market place for the correct transformer. Thank you!

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotpins:

Thanks For the explanation Al. I’ll put an ad up in market place for the correct transformer. Thank you!

The Mr and Mrs Pac-man is a singular transformer. It has an additional winding for the 110v florescent lamp in the backbox. If you don't care about that, you can use any transformer from Xenon to Fireball Classic which will plug right in the -54 power board.

Avoid the Baby Pac transformer as it has no winding for high voltage displays.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-early-ss-transformer-compatibility and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.