12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by ImNotNorm
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1321.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pepind.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 12 years ago

Unfortunately, Bally Bingos are not terribly collectible in general. Most pinball people are looking for flippers and targets to hit, rather than trying to complete a bingo card. Although there are certainly skilled bingo players out there, they really are more of a game of luck, which is why they were so widely used as gambling devices.

I myself have a bingo of the same vintage (Bally's Palm Springs) and consider myself to be a pretty good pin tech (plenty to learn, but plenty learned) and this thing intimidates me. I've done a couple minor repairs on mine, but if the thing goes belly up, I don't know that I'd really be able to get her back running right. Luckily for me, the guy who gave it to me, was a long time bingo collector and knows these machines inside and out.

When you turn it on (power switch is most likely on the lower left side of the head on this machine, rather than at front right under the main cabinet), do you get any lights on? The game should light up (mostly in the backbox, there will only be a few lamps on the playfield itself) and come to life. The control unit and mixing unit motors should start turning and relays start clicking (seemingly randomly)

Does anything happen if you drop in a nickel or manually activate the coin switch?

If the answer to all the above is no, I'd start by checking jones plugs (connectors - there will be a couple that connect the cabinet to the head) and any and all fuses (be sure to remove them from the fuse holders and test them with a multimeter, unless they are obviously blown). Also when checking the fuses, inspect the condition of the fuse holders themselves. Over time, they may bend, break, or lose their spring, If it can't hold the fuse tight, it needs to be replaced.

Beyond that, you may have to hunt around to find an actual bingo tech. There are a couple bingo guys that post on the RGP (rec.games.pinball) who may or may not be able to help. To get an idea of what the guts look like and do, check out this link: http://danny.cdyn.com/russ66.htm

In terms of value, as it sits (looks decent, some paint flaking/gone on the left in the sky area) not working, its probably only worth about $100, maybe more like $75. Fixed up and working, it'd be around a $300 game. It could quite possibly cost that or more to get it running, but if its something important to you, could be worthwhile. If reselling, maybe not.

Hope this helps at least a little!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pepind.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-dude-ranch-bingo-machine?tu=pepind and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.