(Topic ID: 215080)

Bally droptargets

By CopenhagenPin

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

Hi
    I have a problem with my Centaur. When a fast ball hits the ORBS-droptargets, it simple bounces back without the droptargets falling. A slow Ball takes them down. I know this is a common problem in this type of droptargets and that the problem is mechanical. Can anyone tell me a solution?
    Best regards
    Michael

#2 6 years ago

Double up the spring on each target

#3 6 years ago

right double them up.nice game i love drop targets the more the better

#4 6 years ago

Thank you very much both of you. I will try to see if that makes a difference☺️

#5 6 years ago

Following.

Quoted from eh97ac:

Double up the spring on each target

So you just put two springs on each target and that solved it? Interesting.

#6 6 years ago

This was a common problem with Bally drop targets. Under super slow mo it was discovered if hit too hard the target bounces off the rubber behind it and back into place before the tension of the spring can pull it down. The fix is to use thinner rubbers behind the targets and/or stronger springs.

#7 6 years ago

Thank you very much. Problem solved. The lack of tension in The springs was The issue

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-droptargets and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.