You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_5466 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5465 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5467 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silver_spinner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago

i have the same issue with my freedom. i replaced all targets and it still does it. still have not figured it out. When it happens it also does not score or make a chime sound so its nothing to do with a switch being too close. Random targets do it, its not always the same target. Sometimes its one, sometimes its to, other times all 5 come up and stay up as they are supposed to.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Let me guess, the troublesome targets are the ones farthest from the reset coil? If so, it's caused by slop in the reset linkages.

I adjusted the reset linkages on the drop target unit itself in many ways and nothing helped. I moved the entire unit as a whole closer to right play field, then backwards towards left play field with no change. I have replaced coil sleeves, springs, etc. still does the same thing. Also swapped out drop target springs. I have seen others post the same issue with this same game.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from edednedy:

I think this is just the nature of the mechanics. If we were gently raising the targets up uniformly , holding in the uppermost position until everything moved properly into place and then gently lowered back out of the way as the drop target locked in, they would always reset fine.
But what we have is a bar slamming the targets up, then quickly jerking back as the springs pull the targets down and forward. Odds are - sooner or later - one is going to miss catching on that ledge. It happens.
Tweaking, messing with the spring tension and what not, can reduce it to a point, but eventually you reach a point of diminishing returns. A target not catching once in awhile is much better than a target getting stuck halfway down.
One target not catching on every 30 resets, I could probably live with.

i think you are on point. i've put spacers under the unit leaning it forward as well, leaning backwards, all sorts of stuff. its intermittent and in my case as well its random targets. could be any one of them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silver_spinner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-drop-targets-occasionally-not-resetting?tu=silver_spinner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.