5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by vandergugten
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

reset links (resized).jpg
reset spacer (resized).jpg
IMG_7441 (resized).jpg

#1 5 months ago

Does anyone sell parts for the Bally drop target units ? My Captain Fantastic is fantastically worn out in this department. Lots of slop in the linkage. Targets randomly stay down. New targets, tightened springs, no change. Tons of slop in the pivot points from the coil on out. The outside reset arms are sloppy. There were over 150k pins made by Bally between 1975 and 1980, and most of them have drop targets. Really surprised there isn't a rebuild kit for this high wear item.

IMG_7441 (resized).jpg

#2 5 months ago

Here's a few things to look at in the order I'd try them, but depending on your budget you might buy the used unit early in the process.

1. Figure out exactly which metal pieces are worn
2. Call the usual suppliers and ask if the part(s) you need are available.
3. For parts that aren't available, decide if they can be repaired of fabricated.
4. Buy this used unit

ebay.com link » Ss Bally Night Rider Pinball Machine 5 Bank Drop Target Used Pinball Parts

2 weeks later
#3 5 months ago

Two of those target banks can be found on the 1976 Bally Night Rider (EM) that I am currently restoring. Half of the targets in a bank stayed down upon resetting due of all the slop in the mechanism. I got parts from Marco. Banks working flawless now.

Most of the slop was caused by the "reset spacer blocks", so replaced those with new ones:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/S-2162

Replaced the coil sleeves, cut to length (50.9mm):
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-7068

Furthermore, I swapped the outside links with ones from inside the bank. These didn't have the worn center holes, which cause more slop. The links inside the bank (attached to the drop targets) were installed "upside down" so the worn edges are facing up and don't touch on anything anymore.

reset links (resized).jpgreset spacer (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 10.00
Cabinet Parts
Flashinstinct
$ 75.00
Playfield - Other
Great American Pinball
$ 218.00
$ 94.00
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 109.99
$ 9.95
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
$ 14.95
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 149.00
Hardware
CPR Playfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside