• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2608 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Hi all

Curious- I ordered some replacement blue star drop targets for my Bally Globetrotters. I put them in and discovered they are several mm shorter than the originals and slightly differently shaped. As a consequence of the height difference- when they drop they leave a hole instead of sitting flush and the ball hangs in the hole.

I have asked the vendor if I made a mistake in ordering- and for help. But curious- does anyone know where to get replacements that exactly match the oroginal Bally blue star drops from Harlem globetrotters?

See pic- new vs old.

IMG_2608 (resized).JPGIMG_2608 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Looking at these a bit more--- is it possible I have a gottlieb drop target and not a bally replacement. Maybe?

#3 6 years ago

Gottlieb targets look nothing like that. The height should be adjustable in the mech to get them flush with the playfield

#4 6 years ago

DOH- Thanks for the heads up.

I took another look at the assembly...

.... and its the simplest possible mechanism for adjusting height- just move the floor of the drop target assembly up and the targets are all fine now! What an idiot- I was looking for something a bit more "complex".

THANKS

#5 6 years ago

The purist in me is still curious- does anyone know why the replacements are shaped differently. IMHO they should be exact replacements, same shape, same height, etc... we certainly have the technology to do this. I know these are cosmetically (in play) nearly identical and they function, but why not use the correct shape and mold? I see some other bally drop target replacements the "look right" in shape etc... anyone know why these are square while the originals are NOT? I looked and so far as I can tell, all Globetrotter drop replacements look like the ones I got.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, OH
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,299 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grandview, MO
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-drop-target-replacements-globetrotters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.