Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Nokoro
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Ok, I found some great help here last time on my DD, so I thought I would start here for my Flash Gordon...I changed out the drop targets. Ever since then, I have had a heck of a time with these things...sometimes they would get stuck down, other times seem to go up too far and get hooked up too high on their edge...PITA...I played around adding springs, re routing springs, sometimes would help, ect ect...I heard these can be touchy.

Oh pinball gurus, what is the issue ? Any help is really appreciated...

#2 6 years ago

Do they have nut and spring brackets? If so, check to see if they are missing or broken. I had a similar issue on my Special Force, and the bracket was missing.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/BLY_Parts_1980-1/files/mobile/index.html#10

If missing, pinball resource used to have them.

#3 6 years ago

Not sure, but I don't think so. I can't open the link you posted, for some reason. It may be old...

Still looking for great input on these assemblies...

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from 1452spunky:

Not sure, but I don't think so. I can't open the link you posted, for some reason. It may be old...
Still looking for great input on these assemblies...

Hmmm. The link works fine for me. The parts catalog can be useful to figure out if you are missing a component.

#5 6 years ago

Noroko,

Ok, found the proper link, in the process of double checking assemblies to see what might be wrong...thanks for your help, may need it again...lol

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from 1452spunky:

Noroko,
Ok, found the proper link, in the process of double checking assemblies to see what might be wrong...thanks for your help, may need it again...lol

Good luck! Check for missing or broken parts. Also check to see if you put it back together exactly as shown. Another problem I had was reattaching a plate to the bottom instead of the top of another plate where they fit together. Or was it the other way around .....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside