• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by BigAl56
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hi all,

I have a 79 Bally Dolly Parton. When I press the right flipper button the right flipper does not flip, however if I press both the right and left flipper buttons at the same time, the right flipper works. When the right flipper button is pressed down, you can hear the coil trying to activate by a low electrical buzz. The left flipper works just fine. It also seems that all of the lights on the machine dim a bit when the flipper buttons are pressed. I was told that a new rectifier board would need to be installed in the game, a new one has just been installed, the dimming is better but not gone. It is possible that I need a better coil on the right flipper? The button switch looks a bit dirty but cleaning it with a business card does not seem to clean it up much.

Any advice would be appreciated!

#2 6 years ago

Take a look at the right flippers eos switch. Make sure it's closed when it's at rest and that it opens 1/8 inch when the flipper is engaged. Power to the flippers comes from the solenoid driver board, not the rectifier. Since the flipper works when both buttons are pressed I wouldn't bother replacing any parts just yet.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

Take a look at the right flippers eos switch. Make sure it's closed when it's at rest and that it opens 1/8 inch when the flipper is engaged. Power to the flippers comes from the solenoid driver board, not the rectifier. Since the flipper works when both buttons are pressed I wouldn't bother replacing any parts just yet.

Thanks for the tip. No progress at all. I adjusted the switch, it is closed until when at rest and is only 1/8 inch from the next contact. Im super confused as to why the bulbs dim when the buttons are pushed and why the right flipper will work only when both buttons are pressed.

#4 6 years ago

Try pushing the eos leafs closer to the flipper assembly. This will give you a larger than 1/8 gap but should give you a response. These switches are very touchy to get just right. Also make sure the tungsten contacts on the switch are clean and intact.

#5 6 years ago

Check the cabinet and playfield wiring. Could be a dirty EOS switch and the vibration of the left makes contact but that would mean you are pressing both the left and right buttons at the same time..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cleveland, TN
$ 10.00
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 69.00
$ 22.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-dolly-parton-right-flipper-only-works-when-both-buttons-pressed?hl=bigal56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.