Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by bdPinball
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I've read a fair amount on this subject, for some reason I still don't seem to have it working.

I have a client that needs to get a working Dolly Parton Board.

I've downloaded the Dolly Parton Roms, and I've written them onto two 2732 chips. I copied U1 & U2 onto a new 2732 U2 using the copy /B command as deomstrated in several example posts. I copied the 2716 U6 & U6 into a NEW 2732 Rom.

I've plugged these roms into a known working working Bally board from an Eight Ball Deluxe, that has 2 Roms in it. The labels on these match the Labels in the Rom files form IPDB.

When I plug the newly created ROMS into the board however, I don't get any flashes at all.

Can anyone give me a clue what I've done wrong in this scenario?

I've written roms before and had them work. I guess I only did it a couple times, but I'm confused as to why It didn't work.

Thanks in advance.

-BdPinball

#2 6 years ago

Also- Could someone point me do a good primer on how to jumper these boards to read from the 2716 / 2732s? and which jumpers tell it what sockets are alive and whats supposed to be in them?

Thanks again. (and again, and again..)

-Brian

#4 6 years ago

When there is U1, U2, and U6 as a 2716 image and you need 2732... U1 and U2 get combined together. U6 gets doubled up.

copy /b u1.716+u2.716 u2.732
copy /b u6.716+u6.716 u6.732

When there is u1, u2, u5, u6 (stern mpu200 typ) U1 and u2 get combined together and then u5 and u6 gets combined together.

#5 6 years ago

Well I’ve done that combine u1 & u2 thing, and doubled U6, and it just plain doesn’t work.

The only think I can think at this point is that the board is jumpers for twenty-FIVE thirty-twos not 2732s

I’ll check that withe in info that Jim so kindly send me in the AM.

-Brian

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from bdPinball:

Well I’ve done that combine u1 & u2 thing, and doubled U6, and it just plain doesn’t work.
The only think I can think at this point is that the board is jumpers for twenty-FIVE thirty-twos not 2732s
I’ll check that withe in info that Jim so kindly send me in the AM.
-Brian

check the jumper table on pinwiki. E36, E37 and E16 i think off the top my head are the ones that pick for u6 and e10, e11, e12 for u2

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from bdPinball:

Correct. 2532 is what Bally used and they're different from 2732s. You'll need to change jumpers.

2732 in U2 and U6: E4-13a, 7-8, 10-11, 12-GND, 16a-29, 31-32, 33-35 and remove E13-15.

If there are other jumpers in place remove them too.

#8 6 years ago

Please know that the 7-digit rom version also has a freeplay option.

dip switch 25 = on and dip switch 26 = on enables freegame (decrease credits not lower then 01).
dip switch 22 = on 3 freegames, off = 0 freegame if breaking high score to date.
dip switch 21 = on 7 digit scoring
dip switch 21 = off 6 digit scoring (you could leave the original 6 digit displays, the maximum player score is 999'990)
This file replace the 720-3532.u6 for the following games: HARLEM GLOBE, DOLLY PARTON, FUTURE SPA, NITRO GROUND, SILVERBALLMANIA, SPACE INVADERS, ROLLING STONES, MYSTIC, HOT DOGGIN , VIKING
After the install erase the stored freegames and the highscore (setting 01 - 04).

#9 6 years ago

I left him with the original roms as not to have to explain the 0 drop scoring to him. All went fine, and his game is back working.

Thanks!

-Brian

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cleveland, TN
$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-dolly-parton-2716-u1-u2-and-u6-combined-to-2732-roms?hl=turtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.