• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Wasman50
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hi
I'm trying to get my 1978 Dixie operable. It was converted to Solid State who knows when. All I'm getting are lights on the back glass, lights on the play field, and the game counter lights up. The counter has a reading of: 99L99L__0. Does anyone know if this could be a possible "error code?" I have had a transistor replaced, and a auxiliary 5 volt power supply added. I have traced and tested the wires from the connectors, and all seem OK. Still nothing working.

#2 3 years ago

Without documentation, it's really hard to say. In order to find out for sure you'd need to analyze the game ROM(s).

IIRC, there weren't marks on the boards - was Danny or another person able to help direct you to the manufacturer? Each mfg of something like that, unless they all used the same set of code for their ROMs, would have different error codes.

That sure sounds like garbage on the display, though, and not necessarily a specific error message. Is there a memory clear button? That would rule out something like that... maybe. Does voltage to each chip read appropriately after adding the new power supply. You can find specs for most chips online. Testing is more difficult than it might seem, but doable with time.

Again, it would be best if documentation was available.

Sorry I don't have better info for you. Disassembling the ROM(s) would be just about the only way I could think that you'd be able to figure it out.

#3 3 years ago

Hey thanks for the input. Unfortunately I have no documentation or schematics from the conversion, or who did it. Danny has been working with me on this Dixie ( excuse me, he's doing most of the work). I shipped the Board to him, he tested and corrected a few problems ( past prior pcb heat damage necessitated replacing a transistor and a alternate 5 volt power supply). The PCB has a 3 piece micro-processor chip set that includes a large 6802 chip. He is questioning this 40 pin chip because it runs hot in spots up to 120 F degrees, WHEN SITTING IDLE. I now have the Board installed in house. I will be placing a call about the microprocessor ( Arcadeshop), to see if this is normal, and order one if needed. Again thanks, an always open for any recommendations.
Jack

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 8.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation
Decorations

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-dixieland-bingo-pinball-game-counter-display and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.