7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by maestro
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I have ab EBD with one of the displays having the top left vertical segment out. This is segment F on the stevekulpa repair guide. I have replaced the transistor on Q18, twice. I have also put in a new decoder. Segment still missing. I have moved the display to other slots and the segment is still missing. I put other displays where the faulty display was mounted and they work fine. Anything I can try besides the transistor or IC decoder? I've reflowed all the pins.

#4 7 years ago

Doesn't appear to be burned and pins look good. Its the same segment out on every digit not just one.

#6 7 years ago

r23 is 1.481k, r24 313.5k, r28 1.18k. I am assuming those are close enough. Book calls for 1.5k, 300k and 1.2k respectively.

#8 7 years ago

Found it. I started probing all the traces from the board to the glass pins. No continuity from R23 to the furthest pin on the left to the display glass. I reflowed all the pins before and did this one again but it still had no continuity. I put a jumper wire from that pin to the bottom of the board. Works fine. Must be a break in the pin I can't see. Oh well, I'm just happy its working now.

Thanks to all who contributed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Forest City, PA
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

11,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL
$ 179.00
$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Mesa, AZ
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider maestro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-display-issue-1?tu=maestro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.