• Latest reply 3 months ago by fb_rider
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot 2023-11-30 072854 (resized).jpg
Image 3 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I'm working on a Bally Aladdin's Castle that has DC pop bumpers. The high current switches are toast so I am looking for replacements and also the plastic spoon as well (it may have melted - I don't have the game with me to check)

The switch assembly is Bally part #AS-982-1088

https://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=as-982-1088

Unfortunately, Marco doesn't have stock and it's also not listed on PBR website either.

I would love to hear suggestions for alternates? Would a System 1 pop bumper switch stack fit (that has high current contacts)?

I would also be fine with just the switchblades.

Thanks!
Image 3 (resized).pngImage 3 (resized).png

#4 4 years ago

Thanks for the advice I've got some System 1 playfields for spares but that's it...I'm not really a Bally guy.

As suggested I'll contact PBR and see what Steve suggests.

Are the individual blades interchangeable between Bally, Williams, and Gottlieb in terms of hole spacing and size?

The coil diode suppresses the back EMF so it will help prevent the switch arcing a burning...I suspect the diode is what has possibly failed (or is missing) and has caused the contacts to fail.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider woz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-dc-pop-bumper-switch-assembly-needed?tu=woz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.