Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by vassq
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 38 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2842BF89-BF5D-48D4-ABBC-73F2295D3053 (resized).jpeg
1F97DFCC-D779-4B86-B6AA-4FE3934CCD4D (resized).jpeg
962B42C7-95FF-4DFA-A873-258288E15C3A (resized).jpeg
CD7B3982-03E0-41E4-B016-60EB6101CFFC (resized).jpeg
IMG_4954 (resized).JPG
IMG_4953 (resized).JPG
IMG_4950 (resized).JPG
IMG_4952 (resized).JPG
IMG_4949 (resized).JPG
IMG_4948 (resized).JPG
IMG_4947 (resized).JPG
20170313_204751 (resized).jpg
Cybernaut switch 2 (resized).jpg
Cybernaut switch 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_20161129_154748703 (resized).jpg
IMG_2146_(resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

Well i just got a working one in trade and saw no club for it where we can share stuff and thoughts, so... here it is! The Cybernaut Club!

Discuss!

Been cleaning mine up since yesterday since it had like 20 years of dust in it and all over the playfield. LOL

Also had time to make some snazzy scorecards for it since mine have these boring german cards, free of charge.

scorecard2_(resized).png

#2 3 years ago

Wow, now this must be a r4r3 game if im the only one owning it

#3 3 years ago

I almost bought one of these at Pinfest once. I absolutely love the artwork on it and the playfield design is pretty cool. Doug Watson is awesome at fantasy art as well as great typography. I just wish the game had Multiball, but I believe this came out during the "budget cut" era of 80's pinball when stuff wasn't selling much.

Wouldn't mind stumbling upon one of these one day...

#4 3 years ago

Took a family pic today!

IMG_2103_(resized).JPG

#5 3 years ago

Nice. I've got a Grand Lizard and used to have a Swords of Fury. I felt the gameplay on swords got old real quick, but the art and sound were awesome.

A Cybernaut just hit the market for a fair price, but not close enough to me for a road trip

#6 3 years ago

I've NEARLY bought this game three times now...love the art so much, but early-ish solid state games that aren't named Future Spa rarely make it long in my house.

#7 3 years ago

Ive pondering of some minor touch-ups on my Cybernauts cabinet, mostly new T-molding and maybe some new legs/or repaint the legs, atm its been hand-painted black some years ago, so i figured it wouldnt hurt if i flashed them up abit.

So i made a quick test pic today:

Yay, or Nay?

IMG_2108_(resized).JPG

#8 3 years ago

The decals are pretty faded, so I think I would go with Black Chrome, that way the trim does not detract from the amazing artwork

#9 3 years ago

Actually, the decals are pretty vivid still, although abit scratched and also they have been cut at the front leg, its just me thats a bad photographer + it was midday and my camera have this auto-dim thing for bright light.

IMG_2112_(resized).JPG
IMG_2111_(resized).JPG
IMG_2110_(resized).JPG
IMG_2109_(resized).JPG

I was thinking either the same blue or purple as on the decal lines.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

Actually, the decals are pretty vivid still, although abit scratched and also they have been cut at the front leg, its just me thats a bad photographer + it was midday and my camera have this auto-dim thing for bright light.

Yeah, those colors look good in those pics!

#11 3 years ago

I joined the club yesterday!
The guy bought it in 1991 for $595 from Gibraltar trade center in MT Clemons mi.
Have the receipt still

Thank God who ever sold it to him removed the battery holder off the board.
Of course he didn't know there was batteries.
For the last 20 years the game had no memory which means he never heard the amazing background noise ,it's not on by default only under setting 18.
The game was fully working I got it for his asking price $300.
Debating if I should take the Mylar off.
No broken plastics!!
Backglass is perfect.

Glad you started a club for such a rare pin.
I'll post pics after I get it shopped.
Consider these before pics.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#12 3 years ago

I've got one! My first game! If you set it up crazy hard, it's a spectacular shooters game. I even have an nos playfield for mine someday... If anyone ever comes across an extra set of plastics, I'm interested!

#13 3 years ago

Yeah im planning on doing a Mylar removal on mine too, its starting to peel abit in the corners.

#14 3 years ago

By the way, anyone knows how to reset the scores? mine is on like 9 million since it was in a tournament someyears ago but i want to start-over with my own points.

Also, some lamps shines on the playfield very weak, even though i cleaned all the lamp driver boards on the underside, switched some lamps to new ones and cleaned out those plastic screw sockets the wedge lamps sit in, is there something else that causing that problem?

#15 3 years ago

Picked one up a couple of weeks ago and was happy as it fit between several other eras. One out my favorite pins is Special Force which is in same cost cutting era but plays so different.
These pins are so refreshing after playing GOT or MB. Just straight shooting ball action, no side shows to speak of.

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

The game was fully working I got it for his asking price $300.

1 week later
#17 3 years ago

Well, been doing som work on my Cybernauts today, new t-moldings, silvercoated the legs, installed some colorlamps on the playfield and renovated that "star button" on the end of the tube, had some issues.

Also, i made a keyfob for the game and also began brainstomring on some sort of frontpart sticker, looks so empty and blank there.

IMG_2132_(resized).JPG

IMG_2131_(resized).JPG

IMG_2127_(resized).JPG

IMG_2126_(resized).JPG

keychain_(resized).jpg

IMG_2122_(resized).JPG

#18 3 years ago

Did some plastic coating today if some of the details on the gamefield, just to snazz it up abit.

IMG_2141_(resized).JPG

Although i still have to light up that dark corner ont he left, somehow, it shows that this game was built cheap, i found some lamp spots under the plastics that wasnt even drilled and connected

Maybe i can jump a spotlight from one of the lamps on the upper part, i'll have to look into that.

#19 3 years ago

I'm in the club - I used to play this one on location when it was first released. I now own a mid-range copy of the game but looking to upgrade to a collector's quality copy. If any of you have one for sale please let me know.

#20 3 years ago

Has anyone replaced their Cybernaut tube with one cut from a long tube purchased at Home Depot? Watch this video from TNT pinball at about 6:15 where he makes a reference to the HD tube. Xenon has the same tube.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search=tnt+pinball+cybernaut&&view=detail&mid=B4A17C2AC0EA9E09FABAB4A17C2AC0EA9E09FABA&FORM=VRDGAR

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

Has anyone replaced their Cybernaut tube with one cut from a long tube purchased at Home Depot? Watch this video from TNT pinball at about 6:15 where he makes a reference to the HD tube. Xenon has the same tube.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search=tnt+pinball+cybernaut&&view=detail&mid=B4A17C2AC0EA9E09FABAB4A17C2AC0EA9E09FABA&FORM=VRDGAR

Link dont work.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

Link dont work.

Oops. Try this one:

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

Oops. Try this one:
» YouTube video

Ah! ive seen that one though already And yeah the tube in my Cybernaut is just a normal clear, kinda thick, PVC pipe, handsawed at the edges.

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

I found this on eBay:

ebay.com link » 1 1 2 Diameter 1 1 4 Id 24 Long Clear Acrylic Plexiglass Lucite Tube

$15.29 for a 24" piece (that would make two tubes) or $9.99 for a 12" piece (one tube).

#25 3 years ago

Been "lamping up" my Cybernaut today (was raining outside all day so..), added an extra lampsocket to bring light to a of dark corner and put in some colored 555 wedgelamps (no LED's).

Only problem left now is that the number "10" on the left of "BLAST" shines very dim, even though i cleaned every GI card on the underside of the playfield and changed all the bulbs to new ones.

IMG_2131_(resized).JPG

IMG_2146_(resized).JPG

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

Also had time to make some snazzy scorecards for it since mine have these boring german cards, free of charge.

Thanks for the cards. I photo-shopped them for the replay levels I needed for a 5-ball game. They fit perfectly.

#27 3 years ago

By the way, I have a Cybernaut for sale in Omaha, NE:

omaha.craigslist.org link

#28 3 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

Thanks for the cards. I photo-shopped them for the replay levels I needed for a 5-ball game. They fit perfectly.

Ok with me, no copyright on them

Also, i hope they came out right foryou guys, my printer have a tendency to shrink and slightly blur everything it prints, so i had to redo it like 2 times before getting the right size and detail, that old piece of garbage

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from FiatsRUs:

By the way, I have a Cybernaut for sale in Omaha, NE:
omaha.craigslist.org link

Sold locally.

3 weeks later
#30 3 years ago

So, i guess looking for new sideart for this one is kinda impossible?

1 month later
#31 3 years ago

I just got one yesterday in Houston for 500. It works, but has some wear and a few lights out. Next month I'll start going through it and cleaning it up!.

#32 3 years ago

Good, more members for the club! Just 894 left to go!

1 week later
#33 3 years ago

Okay, had time to look it over, got me some new rubber, a Fist full of bulbs and it's all operational. Slight wear on the play field, mostly the number markings on the inserts. I'm going to do a teardown and clear coat the field after a few touch ups. I can't find insert decals, I really don't want to paint the numbers by hand, any suggestions? Thanks.

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from Adamsdad:

Okay, had time to look it over, got me some new rubber, a Fist full of bulbs and it's all operational. Slight wear on the play field, mostly the number markings on the inserts. I'm going to do a teardown and clear coat the field after a few touch ups. I can't find insert decals, I really don't want to paint the numbers by hand, any suggestions? Thanks.

Hmm, how bad are we talking here? really grinded down inserts or just some missing spots? I would handpaint with acryl and then clearcoat it.

#35 3 years ago

About 1/3 of the insert markings are completely worn off. I can probably duplicate the font and po print some up. Painting by hand isn't going to work for me.

2 months later
#36 2 years ago

Just picked one up - love the artwork on this game! It has a few minor problems but nothing serious. One thing I could use some help with is a missing switch. It's switch #12 (tube switch), the switch and mounting bracket are both missing on my game. I haven't been able to find a parts manual that covers Cybernaut so I don't know the part number for the switch or bracket. If someone could snap a picture of it I'm sure I could fabricate a bracket. Also I don't have a schematic but I assume that the connector in the picture is what connects to the switch?

IMG_20161129_154748703 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#37 2 years ago
Quoted from msadan:

Just picked one up - love the artwork on this game! It has a few minor problems but nothing serious. One thing I could use some help with is a missing switch. It's switch #12 (tube switch), the switch and mounting bracket are both missing on my game. I haven't been able to find a parts manual that covers Cybernaut so I don't know the part number for the switch or bracket. If someone could snap a picture of it I'm sure I could fabricate a bracket. Also I don't have a schematic but I assume that the connector in the picture is what connects to the switch?

Got a couple of pictures from someone selling a game. On the off chance anyone else has the same problem here they are.

Cybernaut switch 1 (resized).jpg

Cybernaut switch 2 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#38 2 years ago

Well i might aswell kick myself out from the club, since i traded away my Cybernaut game some month ago..

#39 2 years ago

I have a playfield that has been partially restored but a bunch of inserts that were removed have been lost.

20170313_204751 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#40 2 years ago

I'm in the club! After some good old fashion labor, parts and new stuff she turned out pretty nice ...replacing displays next!

IMG_4947 (resized).JPG

IMG_4948 (resized).JPG

IMG_4949 (resized).JPG

IMG_4952 (resized).JPG

IMG_4950 (resized).JPG

#41 2 years ago

Also looking for some help finding a couple parts...looking for gate thru wire for upper gate and left lower gate and wire... any help would be greatly appreciated!!

IMG_4953 (resized).JPG

IMG_4954 (resized).JPG

4 months later
#42 2 years ago

Very nice playfield.

1 month later
#43 1 year ago

Anyone have a extra backglass for this game? I am looking to buy one my broke unfortunately. PM details

#44 1 year ago

Could someone take a high resolution picture of there black glass for me? If I can't find a backglass I need a picture I can blow up and print. Thanks!

#45 1 year ago

I've got one operating in San Francisco at the Myriad. I've had it for years and just put it out by popular request of our selfie league. It's gotten a lot of love and plays!

4 months later
#46 1 year ago

I recently joined the cybernaut club about two weeks ago. It might be because I’m a novice player, but I quite enjoy the game.
Also, I recently removed the tired original t-molding and put on new purple t-molding. I noticed that the idea was shared in this thread a while back, so I thought I’d add pics of how mine turned out. I’ll add pics both with flash and without, as that changes how the purple looks. But in my basement lighting, it’s a pretty dark purple, so it’s a nice subtle addition of color.

CD7B3982-03E0-41E4-B016-60EB6101CFFC (resized).jpeg

962B42C7-95FF-4DFA-A873-258288E15C3A (resized).jpeg

1F97DFCC-D779-4B86-B6AA-4FE3934CCD4D (resized).jpeg

2842BF89-BF5D-48D4-ABBC-73F2295D3053 (resized).jpeg

4 months later
#47 1 year ago

Picking up a cybernaut this week.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 16.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems
$ 13.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside