5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Skidave
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skidave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

I'm 99% finished working on my Bon Voyage. Damn those lamp holders. I have so many minor lamp issues...flickering or mechanically not staying seated. It is driving me nuts. I have two just below the score reels that I can not get to stop flickering. Any suggestions?

My credit lamp is working properly, but it is flickering a good bit. Meaning, without ball play, the bulb gets dim then brighter, then dim and then brighter. Yes, I tried new bulbs. I looked at the schematic and gently cleaned the contact on the credit wheel. Problem is still there. I looked deeper and I notice the wire colors indicated on the schematic are correct on the credit wheel, but not on the playfield. I looked at my Air Aces and the same thing has happened there. I'm not sure I want to track down this new wire pair after I finished working on the machine. But the flickering is driving me nuts. When I look at it with my meter, it is going between 6V and 5.5V. But it is not doing it at the credit wheel switch. I'm sure it is a dirty jones plug.

Anyone have any insight? See schematic with notes below.

UPDATE: Op error reading wires on the socket. Removing photo as it is irrelevant.

Thanks!

#6 5 years ago

Unfortunately, this is not a socket issue. With the bulb in or out of the circuit, I see fluctuating voltage on my meter when measuring across the wires at the socket. It is just annoying when you are standing at the game and you see that bulb acting odd. If I were not 100% complete putting the game back together, I would investigate further. The different wire colors are throwing me off and the fact the one of them does not go back to the standard yellow for other playfield illumination return is beyond me.

#8 5 years ago

Blow up this thread. The wire colors are correct at the credit lamp socket. I have my meter hanging off of them. I wrote down the wrong wire colors because I looked at the kickout solenoid.

So the voltage fluctuates. I think it is because of dirty Jones plugs. As the flasher bulbs fire, the credit light flickers. I have very low resistance from point to point to point, but that credit light is rather far away. I wouldn't be surprised if the current was low getting to the illumination in the back box from dirty Jones on the feed side. I'll be cleaning them tonight.

On to the other two sockets that I can't rectify.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skidave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-credit-lamp-wiring-question?tu=skidave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.