You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Extra Ball Contact fingers - broken (resized).jpg
20201028_160021 (resized).jpg
20201026_145723 (resized).jpg

#1 11 months ago

Hi, I am testing out various win combinations a features. So far, everything is counting correctly. The attached photo is 96 count replay and it is correct. My questions are..
#1. Do I try for extra balls before collecting the wins (96) or after. I collectted the wins then tried to get an extra ball by pressing the yellow button. The extra ball lights rotate thru but never gives a ball, I pressed 20 times, still no extra ball. I know the extra ball feature worked at one time.

#2. Is there an easy way to set the machine to a apecific feature for testing, like yellow or red star roll over.

Thanks
Steve

20201026_145723 (resized).jpg

#2 11 months ago

The Mixer (CORRECTION: Reflex) Unit makes things more difficult right after lots of replays are awarded. Some unscrupulous operators modified them to keep things very conservative through all games. Look for cut wires near or parts removed internally inside the Mixer Unit.

#3 11 months ago

Testing the rollovers is easily done by manually incrementing the selection feature unit. You'll want to ensure you have the magic screen awarded (at least ABCD).

#4 11 months ago

more generically, features almost always enable by either a stepper unit reaching a certain step or a trip relay tripping. The easiest way to tell is look on the schem in the upper area where the lamps are and see what turns on the lamp. Ignore the circuit coming from the spotting disc that is just flashing the lamps during the cycle.

I think MrBally meant the reflex unit. When the game pays out, the reflex wipers step up slowly and disconnect circuits. That makes the game more stingy, so the ideal thing is to play for extra balls before collecting wins, especially big wins.

the EB adjust plug should be set to connect as many wires as possible between the plug and socket, and as usual the game uses "proportioning" to make getting extra balls harder if the scores are high or more features are enabled. Test extra ball functionality with a 1 coin/credit game ... you should get the extra balls pretty quickly.

if you don't like how infrequently the game is giving extra balls when scores/features are better, then first check the EB adjust plug then see what the reflex unit is doing. If reflex is reset and the plug is most liberal, you'll need to check circuits to make sure the operator didn't cut wires on the spotting disc or mixers.

it's possible to calculate the odds of getting an extra ball if you have the spotting disc diagram from the manual, mixer and reflex diagrams from bingo.cdyn.com, and the patience to work thru all the circuits to see how stepper unit positions, trip relay states and alternator cam switches enable/disable various circuit paths.

#5 11 months ago

Thanks MrBally for the suggestion on the reflex unit, I do not see any cut wires and from what I can tell, I see the gears inside and they look ok to me.

Thanks for the suggestion bingopodcast to manually increment the selection feature, I was able to test the roll-overs and they work.

As for the EB, Im just starting to look into that, this morning, by pressing the yellow button, I was able to get the "Extra Balls", "1st", "Extra" lit on the bottom of the panel but never was able to get the "Balls" to light. Question, is that how it's supposed to function, but stepping up through the lights until the "Ball" is lit and then your awarded the EB?

#6 11 months ago

Oh, the selection unit does seem a bit sluggish, I will clean that up.

#7 11 months ago
Quoted from smohr:

As for the EB, Im just starting to look into that, this morning, by pressing the yellow button, I was able to get the "Extra Balls", "1st", "Extra" lit on the bottom of the panel but never was able to get the "Balls" to light. Question, is that how it's supposed to function, but stepping up through the lights until the "Ball" is lit and then your awarded the EB?

Yes, that's how it works! Each panel is a teaser, until you hit 'ball' and then it lifts one. More than one panel may be awarded per button/coin.

#8 11 months ago

Ok, I gpt somewhere. I cleaned the selection feature unit now it steps up and resets snappy. While cleaning the I found a wire broken off the F spider finger. The manual reads "single steps circuit for this unit". I fixed that and now I am able to het the rollover feature. So when the ball rolls over the yellow button it initiates the "press buttons before shooting 5th ball".
20201028_160021 (resized).jpg. Oh almost forgpt, the switch stack on that unit i think was not set correctly. Both switches were set open. That did not make sense, i think they should both be NC until step #8 then they both open.

#9 11 months ago
Quoted from smohr:

by pressing the yellow button, I was able to get the "Extra Balls", "1st", "Extra" lit on the bottom of the panel but never was able to get the "Balls" to light. Question, is that how it's supposed to function, but stepping up through the lights until the "Ball" is lit and then your awarded the EB?

the "1st", "2nd" and "3rd" lights should come on guaranteed. The extra panels are subject to randomizing stuff, but are a complete fraud since they don't matter at all. It is not possible to single step to the "ball" panel because the rivets aren't connected on the EB unit.

in order to get the "ball" panel lite - and the ball itself - you need the circuit path going thru the spotting disc and down to wire 75-4 to complete ... and when it does you'd get the extra ball regardless of the current position of the EB unit.

single points of failure if you don't get any of the extra balls is the start relay switch and 16 pulse cam switch at schem B-26.

#10 11 months ago

Maybe Im wrong with this thinking (just saw another on ebay and it looks like this..... hmmm..
I started disassembling the Extra Ball Unit, to give it a good cleaning and the first thing I did was remove the contact fingers on the rivet side. Oh boy look what I found, missing 4 contact on that one group (Thru wipers F & G circuits to lite Extra-Ball lites). Im guessing this was an onsight fix at some point in its lifetime but to me, Im thinking thats not correct and probably not helping the issue Im having. So maybe this will be my first attempt at soldering new ends (I read somewhere that it's doable). I'll continue to clean that unit and look for a replacement. Any thoughts on fixing or just replace.

Thanks
Steve

Extra Ball Contact fingers - broken (resized).jpg

#11 11 months ago

Thank you everyone! I can now get extra ball. After cleaning up the extra ball unit and readjusting 2 fingers that seemed to not make contact as the others, it serms to be working.

#12 11 months ago

while rare, the thing to look for on the fingers that have no contacts is make sure the edges are curved up a little so they don't snag on the rivet edges. Usually only a problem if someone bent the finger and twisted it.

if the unit steps up and resets easily, you're good to go.

#13 11 months ago

The fingers you are concerned with missing contacts came that way from the factory. Just in case you're still pondering a solder job...

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside