(Topic ID: 304585)

Bally Corvette - Motor spark plug wires binding on wire form ramp..

By barakawins

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Sammy31
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakawins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Do All Bally Corvette's have this problem? My spark plug wires on the left side of the engine seem to touch the wire form ramp. Any fix for this? Is this normal for this game? I bought new spark plug wires but they seem to be kinda rigid. Not as jiggly as the originals.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

This is a normal occurrence on this title and is a design flaw. I’ve owned a couple corvette pins and all had this issue. Every corvette pin I’ve played and seen exhibits this issue. Most corvette pins have this set of wires missing because they eventually break.
Somebody started making the wires sets for these again, I bought a set a few years back and they were a harder rubber, I think the ideas is they wouldn’t be as prone to being rubbed to the point of failure.
If you had a set of wires that were plastic instead of rubber you could form/shape them so they wouldn’t rub against the ramp.

Thanks for this info. I did buy the repro spark plug wires. They are more rigid. I did hot glue them to the motor cover and no more issues.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

The cool thing about the rubbery wires were they jiggle when the engine shakes. I do believe that was by design and being an engine head myself I really like that feature.
When you bind the wires up with glue or fishing line or whatever else people have come up with, you loose the jiggle.

I agree. I have one side still original which is not near the wire form ramp. If anyone has a side they don't need, I'd purchase it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider barakawins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-corvette-motor-spark-plug-wires-binding-on-wire-form-ramp?tu=barakawins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.