Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Yokie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

A friend purchased a Corvette pin last week. Was working fine for about 50 games. Now when the start button is pressed the solenoid never engages and the balls remain in the feed mech. when I manually remove a ball and place it in the ramp and launch all is fine. I believe you can test the solenoid in diagnostics and will try this tomorrow. If the solenoid is good what else could be the issue. Also when I remove the ball and before I manually install in the ramp I go get a ball missing error so I would assume the ball counter optics are working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Joe Beavercreek Ohio

#2 1 year ago

Broken wire at the coil lugs. Thick wires going to them or thin wires from the coil windings to the lugs.

I'd dig around them.

LTG : )

#3 1 year ago

Update replaced the coil, no change. I did perform the solenoid tests and not only the ball feed solenoid fails but the left sling shot is not working. Anyone know if these 2 coils have anything in common? I also checked all the fuses on the driver pcb.
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Joe

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Yokie:

Anyone know if these 2 coils have anything in common?

Manual will help with that. They don't. Check for continuity of wires from coil to driver board. Check coil lugs for a bad solder joint or broken wire, especially the thin wires from the coil windings to the coil lugs.

Quoted from Yokie:

I also checked all the fuses on the driver pcb.

Pulled and checked with a meter ?

LTG : )

#5 1 year ago

Thanks for the reply. The first fuse I pulled I broke. Tested the rest without pulling. Ordered a fuse puller and will retest. Continuity is good between the coil and driver pcb.

As far as trouble shooting the driver transistor I should be able to ground the top of the transistor and the coil should energize, is that correct?

Thanks in advance
Joe

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kenosha, WI
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
Boards
Slap Save Creations
Boards

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-corvette-ball-solenoid-not-engaging-when-start-is-pressed- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.