(Topic ID: 155179)

Bally coin unit stepper - is this right?

By 4Max

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by 4Max
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Step_3_(resized).jpg
Step_2_(resized).jpg
Step_1_(resized).jpg
Reset_(resized).jpg
Step_3_(resized).jpg
Step_1_(resized).jpg
Step_2_(resized).jpg
Reset_(resized).jpg

#1 8 years ago

Hi everyone. Am working on a Bally Campus Queen with a multitude of problems, one of which was the coin unit stepper was jammed due to the "pegs" being the wrong side of the switches. I have cleaned and put back how I "think" it should be, but can anyone confirm I have this right?

Reset_(resized).jpgReset_(resized).jpgStep_1_(resized).jpgStep_1_(resized).jpgStep_2_(resized).jpgStep_2_(resized).jpgStep_3_(resized).jpgStep_3_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

first and second steps should be the same.

#3 8 years ago

Thanks for the reply Pinbaldaveh, but not sure I follow? I am re-posting the pictures this time with red circle showing currently which switch changes at step 1, 2 and 3 which may help.
Reset_(resized).jpgReset_(resized).jpgStep_1_(resized).jpgStep_1_(resized).jpgStep_2_(resized).jpgStep_2_(resized).jpgStep_3_(resized).jpgStep_3_(resized).jpg

#4 8 years ago

Hi 4Max
do You have a schema ? In the schema I see a "Make and Brake Switch (M+B)" and I see an "Open at Zero Switch (OZ)" and I see an "Open at Max Switch (OM)".
(M+B) is at Schema-G13, (OZ) is at Schema-B10, (OM) is at Schema-F5.

Lets talk about "Position-Zero equals ONE Player" , "Position-1 equals TWO Players", Position-2 equals THREE Players", Position-3 equals Position-Max equals FOUR Players".

Attention: (OM), at Schema-F5 handles 110 VAC !!! You push the Replay-Button for one Player-Game - then You push the Replay-Button for second Player - You push the Replay-Button for third Player - You push the Replay-Button for fourth Player - AND NOW THIS SWITCH OPENS -> You cannot push the Replay-Button for a fifth Player ...

(OZ), at Schema-B10 is in line to the "Coin-Unit-RESET-Solenoid" - You start a NEW game (for ONE Player) -> the Coin-Unit-Reset-Solenoid fires - AFTER it has fired: NO NEED for constantly Power to this Coil - the Unit has resetted and CUTS the "feeding electricity" (to the coil).

"M+B), Schema-G13 I cannot read - I see "Coin +-++--++ Limit" (maybe should read UNIT ?) - this Make-and-Brake-Switch - "Not thrown is for to activate the Replay-Unit-RESET-Solenoid", "Thrown is a bit difficult - I see "Replay-Unit-Step-up-Solenoid" , some wiring and a note: see section-D.

4Max - I look at pic-1 in post-1: the TOP-Switch is open at Zero - my (OZ) , looks good to me (as in all following pictures this switch is closed).
The switches below (pic-1) are "mounted (M+B) and below the (OM)" - I believe (OM) shall open in your "Last-Position" (No more pushing the Replay-Button, please)
The (M+B) I am GUESSING (MAYBE TRUE - MAYBE WRONG): Could be the throwing-in a coin starts a game and then some replays are added to the Replay-Counter ? - well, wild guessing.
Do You have a good paper-schema ?
Greetings Rolf

#5 8 years ago

Short reply: first step = reset only one player, second and third: players two and three, last step: fourth player, last two contacts open, this to prevent other games pressed off and counting out a countdown of credits to be payed or an error made by pressing the credit button once to many.

2 weeks later
#6 7 years ago

the second step setting up for 3 player game , the 3 switch stack , the 2 nc switches should still be closed. the 3rd and last step for 4 player game is when those 2 nc switches open and the 3rd switch closes. the switch blades may have been bent from the gear pin.

#7 7 years ago

Thanks, All.

Picking up from pinballdaveh, I'm a little lost, as not sure how "3rd switch closes".

If I number the switches top to bottom in my photos, then I think from you two posts, then it should be:

Switches-> 1 2 3 4

Reset O O C C
1st step C O C C (Only "top" #1 switch changes)
2nd step C O C C (No change, right?)
3rd and final C C O O (Bottom two, #3 & #4, open)

pinballdaveh, does that look right?

Many thanks!

#8 7 years ago

only need to check the 3 switches that the brass pin activates, bottom sw 1 mid 2 and next is 3.
reset pos 1c 2c 3o
1st pos 1c 2c 3o
2nd pos 1c 2c 3o
3rd pos 1o 2o 3c
the top single switch opens only in reset pos

#9 7 years ago

Got it! Thanks, pinballdaveh!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-coin-unit-stepper-is-this-right and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.