Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by wdennie
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markschenkel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I have a Bally Dolly Parton. Powers up. But when you put coins in (at least the two quarter slots - other is a Susan B. Anthony) they immediately drop to the return. The game does not activate.

- Is there a way of bypassing the coin mech to find out if this is the problem?
- Anyone have thoughts of what else it could be?

I am located in upstate NY (Rochester). Might be best for me to take it to someone who knows these games. Please reach out if you are within 60 miles of Rochester.

Thanks,
Mark

#4 4 years ago

@currieddog, in the "Scared Stiff" forum? I clicked your link but it goes to page about Bally machines manufactured in 1996. The machine I have is from the 70s.

pinballdaveh - I will check this out.

#7 4 years ago

wdennie - Thank you. I will give that a try later (it is 30 minute drive on Conesus Lake). If I continue to have issues could I bring the machine to you? Do you do service?

#12 4 years ago

I did some diagnosis. I am talking speech to text I will try to format as best as possible.

I believe the coin lockout relay is not working. when I purchased the machine the previous owner had put a piece of cardboard in between the tab and the plate to ensure it was always activated.

To continue... I have pressed the plate with a screwdriver to ensure that coin mechs are working properly. I can see the heavey wire move to allow coin to drop. I drop a quarter in and it falls into the coin box, not the return. When this happens it does not activate the game incrementer.

So at this point don't think it is the lockout.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cleveland, TN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
$ 119.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markschenkel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-coin-mech-don-t-activate-game-rochester-ny?tu=markschenkel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.