Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by gmkalos
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

1.) Is this a good accurate reproduction door?
    http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-3444

2.) Has anyone found a source for the replacement coin reject flapper on the bottom?

#2 6 years ago

It looks like the skin that PBR also sells. I'm very picky when it comes to coin doors for some obsessive reason. Perhaps I'm very critical or very cheap,(possibly both).

It's good but not perfect. If you had a straight door with some scratches I would suggest working those out instead. If your door is so kicked in it looks like a steel drum, get this.

The biggest tell is that the diamond inset is softer than the original doors. Maybe the mold got worn out over time or it's made differently, really that is it. It installs beautifully otherwise.

-c

#3 6 years ago

How about the reject flapper that is always missing.

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fordiesel69:

How about the reject flapper that is always missing.

Part number P-7493 Coin Return Door. Marco doesn't have it so check with Steve Young at Pinball Resource.

#5 6 years ago

He is out also. I bought his last in 2007.

#6 6 years ago

Best bet is to buy a grody door and use parts

I have a stack but most have been picked over. I'm also terrible at getting back to people.

If you are near Allentown or patz there's usually a good junk door or 2

#7 6 years ago

http://www.passionforpinball.com/blycoin.htm

Has anyone been able to use these parts. I tried several times a few years ago to make contact and never heard back. Tried again just now so fingers crossed.

#8 6 years ago

I got a response super quick. Will be giving these a try. They look promising on the website. And also look to be of very good quality.

#9 6 years ago
    Quoted from Fordiesel69:

I got a response super quick. Will be giving these a try. They look promising on the website. And also look to be of very good quality.

I emailed him too after seeing this. Coin return flap on its way!

3 weeks later
    #10 5 years ago

As a followup, very very good quality and super quick turnaround. Very difficult to install, but very worth it in my opinion. They are laser cut and are very precise.

#11 5 years ago

I bought one from PBR and just put it on my Bow and Arrow. Very happy with the quality. The installation took a little while but everything lined up great. And as a bonus I found my return flap hiding behind the original door skin.

#12 5 years ago

Bally made this coin door in a few different finishes over the years so be careful if you're hunting for a used one. I have seen a much darker grey stainless, a traditional brushed finish and an almost chrome finish. That one listed on Marco seems to be the most commonly used one a brushed finish.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-coin-door-replacment and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.