Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by eagle18
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

3F7209EE-B256-4DE0-8D8C-6EB5C3DBE13C (resized).jpeg
    39413691-D8C9-4CCF-BCFB-C2EF001453AC (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5927 (resized).JPG
    DSCN8520 (resized).JPG
    DSCN8519 (resized).JPG
    DD08261D-B2F2-46AF-B64C-180688EFEDD4 (resized).jpeg
    6FABD1DF-D221-4EF0-8194-6C6F770EB83D (resized).jpeg
    BA152F0C-E954-44F7-9379-704C87A03BB7 (resized).jpeg
    ABDE3EF7-54B8-4F41-AFFA-353AEC3FDDA7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 3 years ago

LTG probably nailed it. The coin return flap is held by the two slots in the coin return chute when it presses up against the coin door skin. Ironically I've never had an issue installing one with an OE coin door skin but after installing 6 repro Marco skins they will just fall out. The new skin leaves a slight gap that won't hold the coin return flap in place. Jury rigging with a paper clip can hold them but a royal PITA.

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from eagle18:

Damn... people would do anything for some free pinball. Are the flaps u are installing with the Marco skins original Bally flaps that are slightly bent at the top or new, straight flaps?

I've tried the OE flaps with the bend and the repro style. None fit.

#13 3 years ago

Glad you nailed it. All "royal PITA" include mandatory swear words. I'm trying your method on my next door shortly on my FG restoration.

Wouldn't it be nice if Marco tweaked the coin door so we don't go through this BS?

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from eagle18:

Marco should add a piece of felt with every door. I’m thinking about calling them tomorrow. Let me know how yours works out.

I think they need to make the repro coin door properly. 1st pic is a mint OE door, 2nd the Marco repro. While it's hard to photograph you can see the difference. Any flap would work in the OE door. And those pics are without the door fully assembled, without other parts like the lock assembly pulling the inner skin tighter.

When I buy a near $100 part I shouldn't have figure out ways to make it work properly. Obviously the center of the Marco door isn't indented enough to hold the coin return flap in place.

DSCN8519 (resized).JPGDSCN8519 (resized).JPGDSCN8520 (resized).JPGDSCN8520 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomdrum.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-coin-door-flap-?tu=tomdrum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.