2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by joshmc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

coin2 (resized).jpg
    coin1 (resized).jpg
    #1 2 years ago

Hi everyone! I'm considering purchasing a 1978 Playboy.. there's a small issue: the coin door appears to be missing something. Can anyone advise where I can purchase a new coin door for this machine? Or how I can fix the existing one? Thank you. p.s. first picture is the machine with the issue, second is obviously the coin door as it should appear.

coin1 (resized).jpgcoin1 (resized).jpgcoin2 (resized).jpgcoin2 (resized).jpg
    #3 2 years ago

Not quite sure what's going on in that first photo, but that doesn't appear to be a Playboy cabinet, and it looks like someone mixed & matched parts from two different styles of coindoors. Your door itself is the correct style for a Bally Playboy, but the trim is from a different machine entirely, there would be three carriage bolts used on each side for Bally door trim and you have two on each side. Plus the bottom trim doesn't fit correctly into the cabinet, the recess for it looks about 1/2" further down, although a cabinet for Playboy (or any Bally game from that era) wouldn't have recesses for the coindoor trim at all. That's not a Bally cabinet at all, or there would be a large bolt head above the top trim piece for the lockdown bar handle pivot. Looks like someone had a Playboy playfield and backbox and mounted them in some other type of cabinet.

#4 2 years ago

My initial reaction was that it looked like a gameplan cabinet, but the door trim doesn't match those games either.

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=109&picno=10447

#5 2 years ago

I think the OP is pointing out the coin reject button is totally depressed in the 1st pic and not the 2nd.

That means it's just missing a spring to the coin reject plate to clear the mech's.

Plus chuck the reject button in a drill and clean it up with a grey scotch brite, will look new.

#6 2 years ago

The first pic looks more like a classic Stern door trim. The math supports that theory as well. Classic Stern doors are roughly 12 inches and Bally's are about 13 inches.

#8 2 years ago

Thanks for the feedback guys

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-coin-door-6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.