(Topic ID: 102316)

Bally coil wrapper questions (Gold Rush)

By drsfmd

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by drsfmd
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PlayfiledFullUnderside.JPG
#1 9 years ago

I've been working on a couple of issues on my Bally Gold Rush over the last few nights, and it's running beautifully now. While working in the backbox last night, I noticed several coils that didn't have wrappers... off to Inkochnito's site I go!

Unsure of what wrappers I needed, and not having my schematic in front of me, I go to ipdb to look for a schematic or backbox photos, and I find the following image:

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/images/1035/image-7.jpg

It's missing all of the same wrappers that mine is missing. Is that normal, or should those coils have wrappers on them? Just seemed odd that both my machine and the one in the photos would be exactly the same.

#2 9 years ago

No disrespect, but do you guys care about coils missing wrappers? I don't, but that's just me!!

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

No disrespect, but do you guys care about coils missing wrappers? I don't, but that's just me!!

Yes

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Yes

#5 9 years ago

Why?

#6 9 years ago

I generally prefer my machines to be as original as reasonably possible. Now do you have something to contribute or will you be seeing yourself out?

#7 9 years ago

Like I originally stated, no disrespect!! My .02

#8 9 years ago

Just a matter of preference. Although I can understand someone saying "why when no one sees it" but it's what I like to do when I restore a machine or just fix one up. You spend good money for machines so I like for it to look as clean as possible. I guess you can ask someone that like hot rods or cars in general as to why they clean the engine???

PlayfiledFullUnderside.JPGPlayfiledFullUnderside.JPG
2 weeks later
#9 9 years ago

A bump to see if anyone knows if the backbox coils on this particular machine SHOULD have wrappers on them.

5 months later
#10 9 years ago

It's been six months since I bumped this-- maybe someone will spot it now and know the answer.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-coil-wrapper-questions-gold-rush and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.