Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by chas10e
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I have a suspect coil that I need to test to see if it is good or not. It is a NO-24-1400 used for the drop target bank reset in early soild state Ballys. I believe this one is too low, but I cannot find what the proper resistance value is supposed to be anywhere. Every chart on the net I come across has every coil known to man except that one for some reason. Does anyone know what it is supposed to be or can point me to a source that has that info?

Thanks

#2 6 years ago

this says 10.5 ohms,

https://www.flippers.com/coil-resistance.html

[quote] NC-24-1400 , Note that if you can't find your exact coil that you can ignore the letter prefixes as the part that matters is the gauge and the number of turns.

(Note that 5R4 = 5.4 Ohms, as does 5K4 = 5,400 Ohms, values vary due to meter lead resistance) [/quote]

#3 6 years ago

A ha I missed that little footnote. I also found this on the chart.
D24-1400 WILLIAMS FAT 9R4 24 1400 Bank Reset
which is a little different from the other even though the gauge and windings are the same. I suppose it being "FAT" as opposed to "LARGE" may be the difference there. In any case it is vastly different from the 1.8 reading that I am getting which confirms my suspicion that the coil is bad. Thank you very much for clearing that up chas10e!

#4 6 years ago

yeah I had to read the footnotes closley to figger out what "10R5" meant.

got me an edge-i-mication

glad to have helped

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Ana, CA
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 69.00
2,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 11.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-coil-no-24-1400-resistance-value and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.