Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by tomdrum
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CE583443-DEE3-4FDB-A983-C2468CCCF355 (resized).jpeg
    speakeasy (resized).jpg
    2017-09-01 16.23.44 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 4 years ago

Was looking at a Xenon- roached out playfield with nothing but bad options in sight for replacement.

Choices at this time are overlay decal or $1000 playfield with wrong inserts. For $1000 for a core machine in a basket I walked away.

Seen some nice ones in the $2k-3k range, I'd rather spend the extra and get a nice one. For $3000 I'd rather spend an extra $1500 and buy a Walking Dead Pro though.

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from Xenon75:

The availability of parts to restore these games fueled the price increases, as it should. Before the parts were available, all of the early Bally's except EBD were sub $1000 games. First Fathom I had in 1986 cost $350, second Fathom in 2007 was $2,000.
    Compare them to NIB all you want, but they are not making anymore of these. Ever. So as more people get into the hobby, the prices will continue to grow for a scare resource. Paragon will be next to shoot up as the repro playfields become available.

People with no nostalgia for the game will buy newer titles for the same money or a touch more.

Nostalgia is the key.

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Xenon75:

I am starting to take interest in other EM's as well. I think once pinball gets in your blood, curiosity takes over and you find fun in all eras of games.

I started with EM and I'm adding solid state to the mix but draw the line on lcd screen games. Too much going on for my taste and I don't like taking my eye off the ball for any reason.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

System 80 games have always had a decent following, and a few specific/popular titles are already fetching solid prices. I've been finding it a bit more difficult to get my hands on system 80 games lately, especially after all the prices for bally/stern/williams games started taking off a few years ago.

I like the System 80 odd playfields, Gold Wings is great, Spring Break I'm still warming up to as I learn the shots and ruleset. Hot Shots I'm "meh" on but my wife and the younger son like it so ok it can stay for the moment. I tried a few down at Allentown, Genesis looked interesting but I didn't care for the gameplay.

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Haunted House is easily my favorite

I missed a Black Hole that went for very good price at Allentown, needed a little work which doesn't bother me. Played a few games at Pintastic and didn't care for it, a good friend says give it more time and it grows on you. I trust his advice enough to pick one up even though first impression wasn't good. Have not had the opportunity to play HH yet, my wife loves the theme though.

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from djblouw:

Two words: Zipper Flippers

=)

2017-09-01 16.23.44 (resized).jpg2017-09-01 16.23.44 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-class-of-1981-prices-are-soaring?tu=gdonovan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.