5 months ago

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by tomdrum
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

CE583443-DEE3-4FDB-A983-C2468CCCF355 (resized).jpeg
    speakeasy (resized).jpg
    2017-09-01 16.23.44 (resized).jpg

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 months ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

You got that right. EBD is the best pin ever made made period IMO.
    I had my EBD sitting right next to a Stern AC/DC, a Metallica, and an Adams Family on the other side and guess which machine got the most play?

Stock up on Gottlieb Bad Girls while you can!

#52 5 months ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

I had my EBD sitting right next to a Stern AC/DC, a Metallica, and an Adams Family on the other side and guess which machine got the most play?

I currently own two of them, and I try not to play it because then I can’t stop playing.

#53 5 months ago

All this talk and a pretty nice Fathom shows up for sale @ $4,500 go figure

#54 5 months ago

All pinball “class of everything after 1977” prices are soaring!!!

But...will the bubble burst?! Someone start a thread...

#55 5 months ago
    Quoted from bonzo442:

See how long it lasts. If it was on the east coast it probably be "sale pending".

#56 5 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not nearly as much as the classic Bally games. Look at all the Gottlieb system 1 games that are at about the same price they were a couple years ago. Sure Bally make some early SS games that aren't appreciating like the 1981 class but even those are ticking up.

The reason for me that I like early Bally SS games is the board set. Same SDB & lamp board work them all. 2 rectifier boards cover almost all the games till 1982. Alltek makes rock solid replacements. Re-pin the connectors and you can have a dead example working quickly with a good set of boards. By 1982 Williams was on their 5th design. Plus some of the Bally boards work in Sterns of that era, bonus.

#57 5 months ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But...will the bubble burst?! Someone start a thread...

Nobody is paying too much for Williams time warp!

#58 5 months ago
    Quoted from bangerjay:

Nobody is paying too much for Williams time warp!

Shhhhhh! I have one left to move.

#59 5 months ago

I think more people are starting to gain an appreciation for this era of pin. For years I just collected DMD games with deep rule sets. It wasn’t until I started playing in a league where I began to enjoy playing these games in other people’s collections. The games are much more intuitive and have shorter ball times. It’s easy for anybody to walk up and figure out how to play. That coupled with the cool sounds and art from the 80s really adds to the nostalgia. It also helps that play fields, hardtops, plastics, leds etc are now available to restore these games. My favorites are Elektra, BMX and Flash Gordon.

#60 5 months ago
    Quoted from Barakawins1:

Fathom will be 8k soon. Sick game!

Hey John, I guess I'm ahead of my time

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fathom-19

#61 5 months ago
    Quoted from bonzo442:

Turns out to be a scam, apparently...looked like a nice opportunity for someone.

#62 5 months ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

I'm amazed at the prices that 81 Bally project games are bringing. EBD with blown out PF, bad BG, beat up cabinet and missing MPU, $1250. Centaur at public auction, no keys to head (couldn't verify it had a board set), stored in damp basement, not working, decent PF & BG. $2250 sale. I've been actively looking for a FG or Medusa for a year under $1500, when they pop up, they're gone in minutes.

I believe you’re referring to the EBD I bought in the Allentown flea market missing the mpu, paid $1200 as they took $50 off, and would tomorrow if another came up.
    I have it up and running and cleaned up and she’s a player in every sense of the word, backglass has bubbling at the bottom that’s hard to see, playfield is average with Mylar but definitely not blown out, cabinet is faded, but not beat.
    I saw the potential, no way I could leave it and glad I didn’t.

#63 5 months ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

You should have seen the Bally Row at the Pinball at the Zoo show this year featuring 21 solid state Bally games from 1977-1983. It was packed pretty much the whole time, very fun to see.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BwvqQs8lMlj/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Tommy is right.. after playing the some of those sweet bally classics at PATZ, I got home and thought I need more classics, even thought Im packed in with 30 pins, I found and bought a excellent speakeasy this week and paid almost double the pinside value for it and it didnt bother me one bit

speakeasy (resized).jpg
    #64 5 months ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

Fireball II 2,300 made.

I don’t believe this to be true.
    My game is 2975 and I’ve seen others in the 3,000 numbers

CE583443-DEE3-4FDB-A983-C2468CCCF355 (resized).jpeg
    #65 5 months ago
    Quoted from freddy:

I don’t believe this to be true.
    My game is 2975 and I’ve seen others in the 3,000 numbers

I believe your wrong. My understanding of serial numbers is that #1 was serial 1001, #2 1002 and so on. So #2975 was the #1975 produced. See this and note not a single serial number under 1K. so I believe IPDB numbers are correct.

https://www.ipsnd.net/View.aspx?id=854

Look at others like Flash Gordon, you will never see a serial number that isn't 4 digits to start with.

#66 5 months ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

I believe your wrong. My understanding of serial numbers is that #1 was serial 1001, #2 1002 and so on. So #2975 was the #1975 produced. See this and note not a single serial number under 1K. so I believe IPDB numbers are correct.
    Look at others like Flash Gordon, you will never see a serial number that isn't 4 digits to start with.

Pretty sure this is correct. They all stared at #1001

#67 5 months ago

Fathom and Centaur are the only two I am missing out that year. They've always been out of my price range. At what they are going for now. I'd reather buy a used Stern Pro so doubt I'll ever own one.
    My current classic Ball pins weighs in at 18 games and two classic Sterns. Don't see them moving out of my collection any time soon.

#68 5 months ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Pretty sure this is correct. They all stared at #1001

Yes, Bally started at 1001. I am fortunate to have the #1001 Hotdoggin, complete with a Production Sample stamp on the lightboard and a couple of differences from Production stock--an external head clasp and adjustable drop target cages.

#69 5 months ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Fathom and Centaur are the only two I am missing out that year. They've always been out of my price range. At what they are going for now. I'd reather buy a used Stern Pro so doubt I'll ever own one.
    My current classic Ball pins weighs in at 18 games and two classic Sterns. Don't see them moving out of my collection any time soon.

What are your classic sterns?

#70 5 months ago
    Quoted from Madmax541:

Meteor and galaxy
    By the looks of it

#71 5 months ago
    Quoted from Madmax541:

Quoted from Whysnow:

Meteor and galaxy
    By the looks of it

Yup, Meteor and Galaxy.
    They were the two I remember playing in the arcades back in the 80's.

#72 5 months ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Yup, Meteor and Galaxy.
    They were the two I remember playing in the arcades back in the 80's.

Pair those up with catacomb, and you will have all the best classic sterns

#73 5 months ago
    Quoted from djblouw:

Two words: Zipper Flippers

Shush. I still have a couple of Ted Zale zipper flipper titles on my wishlist.

#74 5 months ago
    Quoted from dothedoo:

CPR playfields are just entering silkscreening phase. Won't be long before they're available.

My xenon at 2500 is enroute via sti from Florida to nj as I’m writing this. a NIB cpr Playfield was 800 I found locally.
    If only CPR would make a back glass fro this. Plan is to make this mint. Saw a few at over 7k while on the hunt for one. None were as mint as I plan to make this one.

#75 5 months ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

Pair those up with catacomb, and you will have all the best classic sterns

Good classic sterns yes but not the best, quicksilver and stargazer are better then those 3.

#76 5 months ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Good classic sterns yes but not the best, quicksilver and stargazer are better then those 3.

better art but far from better gameplay.

#77 5 months ago
    Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Hell yes!

#78 5 months ago
    Quoted from EdHess:

My xenon at 2500 is enroute via sti from Florida to nj as I’m writing this. a NIB cpr Playfield was 800 I found locally.
    If only CPR would make a back glass fro this. Plan is to make this mint. Saw a few at over 7k while on the hunt for one. None were as mint as I plan to make this one.

I've had my Xenon since 2001 and have an NOS PF & BG in mine. Mint BG's are not hard to find for it.

#79 5 months ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

I've had my Xenon since 2001 and have an NOS PF & BG in mine. Mint BG's are not hard to find for it.

anyone sees a mint back glass for sale please flag me!

#80 5 months ago

I dont have room for a very large collection, but I made sure there was a space for Centaur. It's the second one i've owned. One of the few games/pins I regretted selling the first time. I got lucky in the fact that this one has a nice survivor playfield. This pin has so much personality and the theme just takes me in everytime I look at it, let alone play it.

#81 5 months ago
    Quoted from tomdrum:

ok thanks for informing me. knowledge is a powerful thing!

#82 5 months ago

Many great games from this era and before are being discovered by new people in the hobby. Eventually, more people will tire of left ramp, right ramp, center bash toy and discover all the great games out there causing these prices to rise even more.

#83 5 months ago
    Quoted from JonH123:

Many great games from this era and before are being discovered by new people in the hobby. .

true that! I just bought my first machine in Feb. 2019

#84 5 months ago

Classic SS Bally's are scarce enough lately, and the prices have definitely gone up. Glad I got what I did when I did. Rolling Stones, Flash Gordon, Centaur, Eight Ball Deluxe and Centaur I'm still looking for. Maybe one day.........

#85 5 months ago
    Quoted from pinkid:

Classic SS Bally's are scarce enough lately, and the prices have definitely gone up. Glad I got what I did when I did. Rolling Stones, Flash Gordon, Centaur, Eight Ball Deluxe and Centaur I'm still looking for. Maybe one day.........

Yes they are! I looked at Rolling Stones project game last year at York. Asking price was $1450 with a worn PF, typical faded cabinet and nice BG. Seller said it was working. Was sold within a couple hours.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 71.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 15.00
    $ 115.00
    Playfield - Other
    Great American Pinball
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Lighting - Backbox
    Lermods
    $ 12.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    G-Money Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 50.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Just 3D Mods
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 8.00
    Cabinet Parts
    RPGCor
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 1,099.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 78.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside