You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bally circus credit (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png
IMG_20181221_121520 (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I've had this pin for eons and finally decided to work on it. I took care of a few minor issues and got it to where it will clear and zero the score reels but that's it. No outhole kicker, no start of game and the lights come on only once in a while. While trying to determine the next step, I noticed (per the picture) that there is no wire connected to one of the terminals on the credit reset solenoid. Nor is there a wire anywhere that looks like it used to be attached there. There are 3 (3!) black wires connected to the other terminal. Probably not a big deal. The schematic says that I should have a white/brown wire connected to the open terminal and, nearby, you can see a white/brown wire on that leaf switch. Should I tie those two together?

IMG_20181221_121520 (resized).jpgIMG_20181221_121520 (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago

The Credit Unit reset solenoid should have a white wire on the other terminal.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
#3 5 years ago

I see a disconnected wire and would check with a meter where it goes , the schematic has a chart where on the jones-plug that wire should go to help verify that was the one disconnected.

The machine was probably put on "free-play" at some point in its past so it was perhaps disconnected then.

Some great info here http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index.htm

bally circus credit (resized).jpgbally circus credit (resized).jpg

#4 5 years ago

Thanks, guys. Yup, that little white wire stub is the missing link.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-circus-check-my-work-?hl=chas10e and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.