You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Champ-Work-08 (resized).jpg
0Champ-Work-07 (resized).jpg
0Champ-pinside-snippet-Work-01 (resized).jpg
Pinball (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lambecka.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Playing a multiple player game especialy four player game the machine resets and ends up in game over after loosing the last ball
Playing one player game no problem and works as it should be

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from rolf_martin_062:

Hi Lambecka
Is the pin set for "3 balls a game" - or is it set for "5 balls a game" ?
"Multiple player game - especially four player game" --- does this means "a sometimes (and sometimes NOT) fault" ? ALWAYS in a four player game ?
"The pin resets" - resets the Score-Drums ? Resets the Player-Unit ? Resets the Coin Unit ? --- Please write about - greetings Rolf

Rolf
Its always in four playergame and the pin is set on three bals and only the score drums resets

#9 6 years ago

Hi Lambecka
IF (if, if) the pin FIRST changes to Game-Over - THEN does the reset: Howard 's red arrow (JPG in post-3) is the switch to inspect --- is this switch TRUELY open when the Coin-Relay is not pulling ? The long blades bent - making faulty contact ? a drop of solder fallen on the studs where the wires are soldered-on ? A doghair crap of wire there ? Greetings Rolf

Relays as mentioned are ok. But let me explain a little,bit more in detail, because it starts also i. One and two player game.
Machine is set on three balls game.
Playing all three balls no problem and everything works fine. On the moment the last player loosing the last ball, the machine goes to game over and score wheels resets. On this moment there is new ball coming for the last player, only one and the machine goes to game over. On this moment the machine is ready to start new game
Albert

#11 6 years ago

Hi Albert
a non-pleasing miracle is "why does it only happen in a Four-Player-Game ?". But lets stick to HowardR 's "Switch on Coin-Relay".
See the JPG here - You are playing (a 4 player game) - You make points - "encircled green Switches on the Score-Drums" are allowed to close --- one or more will be closed. The last player looses last ball - the Game-Over-Relay is made to trip - "encircled orange switch" is entitled to close.
THE ENCIRCLED RED SWITCH on Coin-Relay MUST be open - (((when it is closed: Reset-Relay pulls-in and the reset starts))). Locate this switch and have a very good look at --- switch is open when the relay is not pulling ? How about "a drop of solder has fallen there and makes connection ? Or a doghair crap of wire ? Or one of the short studs with wire soldered-on - the stud is bent - making faulty contact ?
We need the switch to close at starting a new game --- I would like to "sneak-in in-between the switchblades a stripe of paper for insulation AFTER the starting". This is tricky to do (think of: There is 50VAC current flowing - can kill You). So on the right of the JPG I show: Toggling-off and unplugging the main power cord - then "make the switch guaranteed open" - and use Jumper-Wires coming out into the open so You can start a game (by holding together the ends of the Jumper-Wires). Please do this "look at switch / do the testing" --- maybe the fault is found - or then "one possible cause is proven 'not to be the cause' ". Greetings Rolf

Rolf,
Placed light in the coin door and mirror to watch the coin relay see whats happpens .
During the game coin relay stays open, but as soon as the last ball hits the outhole machine goes on game over and coin relay energizes just a second and score wheels resets to zero. Its not a fully reset , becaus recieve one ball for player 4
After playing this bal machine can be reset. Getting me a headache
Need to add someting, as soon as the last ball hits the outhole contact, the buildup bonuspoint resets to zero, and one step to place the first 1000 point after that game over, score wheels reset and,kicking out a ball

#13 6 years ago

Hi Albert
the situation is weird - please do the tests once again and have a look at the Credit-RELAY --- we know from Your post-11: The Coin-Relay does faulty pull-in - I would like to learn about "does the Credit-Relay pull-in ?" (and then the Credit-Relay is the problem (faulty pulling-in) --- the Coin-Relay nice a brave actuates because the (faulty) pulling Credit-Relay calls for action).
I do not understand the last in post-11 "Need to add something ..." --- please write an more detailed description. Greetings Rolf

Rolf, ok will do, the test again tomorrow
What i mean with to add something was editing the exisiting post, but let me explain
When loosing the last ball few things happens when ball hits the outhole switch. It tranferring the bonus points to,totalizer and resetting the bonus to 1000 points as per game feature up and game over. In my faulty game it kicks out another ball as well.
Little bit difficult to explain , can do,it better in dutch, but difficult for you te read i suggest

#14 6 years ago

Rolf,
Did the same today and after loosing the ball the coinrel just clicked one sec, the credit relay stays open.
Albert

#17 6 years ago

Rolf did the following, started with the lockrelais and cheked clearance and cleaness of the switches.
Started the machine and playfield,lights and backbox lights did not lit.
Again cleaned switches but this time withe a sweet file.
Started up,the machine and guess what? Problem solved.
Dont understand can you explain??

#19 6 years ago

Rolf, appreciate your technical,info and also the help in getting the problem solved. My lessons learns is not to,touch switches if the system works, they do not need cleaning or adjusting for maintenance. If system works don,t touch them.
May i wish you all the best and healthy 2018

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Lambecka.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-champ-resets-direct-after-loosing-last-ball?tu=Lambecka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.