6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by APOLLO_13
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

bally 2 (resized).png
    bally (resized).png
    #1 6 years ago

I have a 1974 Bally Champ pinball machine. While playing, the playfield lights went out. Everything else works. After a few more games, the lights came back on. But then they went out again a couple of games later and have not come back. I checked the fuses and they are fine. Any ideas of what to look at next?

#2 6 years ago

looking at schematic now
    so looks like there is a 15 amp fuse and a relay there have you checked the fuse with a meter?

bally (resized).pngbally (resized).png

#3 6 years ago

guess if your fuses are good, you could also check the output of the transformer to be sure you have power.

bally 2 (resized).pngbally 2 (resized).png

#4 6 years ago

Crap fuse holder or loose Jones Plug are the first thing I'd look for. 2nd are the contacts and solder on the switch on the Lock Relay.

#5 6 years ago
    Quoted from APOLLO_13:

guess if your fuses are good, you could also check the output of the transformer to be sure you have power.

If the backbox lights work, the Transformer is good.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

If the backbox lights work, the Transformer is good.

roger that... I should not have jumped in there, I know nothing of em's

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-champ-playfield-lights-out and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.