3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by chad
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200612_204524 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

I have a Bally Champ pinball machine. The machine recently stopped working. The lights on the back will come on. When you hit the new game button, it clicks but does not start a new game. I took the glass top off to make sure the ball had not gotten stuck and was in the right location. I didn't see anything wrong. I then lifted up slightly on the playing field and the game came back to life. The game played all five balls through with no problem, but when the game was over, it would not start another game. This process was repeatable. It seems like there must be a poor connection somewhere that is momentarily made up when I lift the playing field deck, but I am not sure where to look. Do you have any ideas where to begin?

20200612_204524 (resized).jpg20200612_204524 (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago

This was my first game too. Looks in good shape. Congrats. Hope someone can help you here.

#3 3 years ago

I would start with the jones plugs- where the playfield plugs into the cabinet.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gilb:

It seems like there must be a poor connection somewhere that is momentarily made up when I lift the playing field deck, but I am not sure where to look. Do you have any ideas where to begin?

I would start at the front of the playfield (underside) and work my way back, checking all connections.

#5 3 years ago

As mentioned the jones plugs need to be shiny. When your done make sure to replace the fuse holders as they are junk in Bally machines.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-champ-new-game and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.