(Topic ID: 242614)

Bally Champ mystery wires. Can you help I.D.?

By jaybird5619

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2835 (resized).JPG
IMG_2836 (resized).JPG
#1 4 years ago

Just picked up a Bally Champ for my next project. There seem to be as many loose/unconnected wires as connected! A couple have me stumped and I could really use some help figuring out where they go (see photos). Both occur on the bottom board:

1. There are three loose wires coming out of the main wire bundle that sits right behind the transformer. Looks like they were soldered together at some point, but not now. Hard to tell exact color, but LOOKS like Black/Red or Black/Orange and White/Blue.

2. There's a group of four cut wires sitting behind the connectors in the front-left of the board. Again, color is hard to be certain, but I'd say Gray, Green/Red, White/Blue and Black/Yellow.

If anyone with a Champ machine can look and tell me where these wires should go, I'd be extremely grateful. I've tried finding them on the wiring schematic, but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack, especially since so hard to tell wire colors.

Thanks.

IMG_2835 (resized).JPGIMG_2835 (resized).JPGIMG_2836 (resized).JPGIMG_2836 (resized).JPG
#2 4 years ago

The one in front of the transformer could be for the total play meter.
The other one in front of the game over interlock for the 1 play voor $ 0.10, looks like a counter, every second step makes contact with the coin relay.
Will make pictures later this week.

#3 4 years ago

Yes, wiring for an optional "2 coin unit" and Total Play Meter. Game works fine without them.

#4 4 years ago

Thank you both! Very helpful (but I'd still like some pictures if possible).

Next question: It appears the previous owner had the wires near the transformer all wired together. If they're supposed to go to the total play meter, and the meter is not there, am I correct that I'd just leave them unconnected?

#5 4 years ago

Yes but leave the double wire connected (black - yellow)

#6 4 years ago

Got it. Thanks again.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-champ-mystery-wires-can-you-help-id and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.