6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pinball (resized).png
#1 6 years ago

Hiya! I recently bought a 1974 Bally Champ, and it all seems to work fine except for that some of the lights only seem to turn on in specific situations. The extra ball lights on opposite sides of the playfield are supposed to light when the bonus reaches 8,000, and then switch between each other every time the bonus is increased. Once the bonus hits 15,000, they both are meant to stay on until the ball drains. When the bonus reaches 8,000 they sometimes work, and they always work once the bonus hits 15,000. Also, the bonus lights only seem to turn on some of the time, and not consistently. I can't figure out if there's something dirty that needs to be cleaned or what. The bulbs all seem to work, but totally inconsistently.

#2 6 years ago

The Bonus Unit disk is dirty or out of adjustment. Here's the relevant part of the schematic.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png

#3 6 years ago

Sweet! Thanks for the help! I'll try cleaning the disk next!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-champ-bonus-lights-work-intermittently and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.