4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by cjs001
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cjs001.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Okay I am going bonkers trying to figure this out, maybe I've over looked something, that is why I am asking in hopes someone can point me in the right direction.
Here is the issue, whenever the 3rd inline drop target drops, all other switches stop working in that row. So if you drop down the #2 target on the right side of the playfield the game doesn't recognize it was dropped, if you hit the spot drop target stand up target it will just try to drop #2 even though its already down. I have replaced the diodes for all switches in that row, I did find the 3rd inline target diode was indeed bad, shorted. Every capacitor under playfield has been removed out of circuit, I repinned connect J2 on MPU, Alltek MPU is in the game. I hit connector J4 with deoxit bc the column wire for the inline targets goes to that connector, just to see if I got a temporary fix. All other inline targets work fine and don't affect anything negatively once they drop. I've checked for shorts in each switch stacks themselves and came up empty. I checked to make sure each switch has the correct wires going to it and diode in correct direction, band away from the column wire color. That all seemed to check out. Pretty sure this game had a playfield swap as every wire and item on the underside is numbered, for what i'm guessing reassembly. Last two things I can think to try, swap out the alltek board with another, or repin all of connector J4, but with all other inlines working I'm not thinking repinning will fix it. What am I overlooking??

#6 4 years ago

RESOLVED!! Revisited and found inline drop target 3 was indeed shorted within the switch stack, somehow missed it yesterday. Insulator was in the wrong spot within the stack. Everything seems to be in working order now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

£ 195.00
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cjs001.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-centaur-switch-matrix-issue?tu=cjs001 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.