4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Manu2
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JustAl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I don't know if this goes under play rules or if I have a technical difficulty. I'm learning my just-acquired Centaur and if I have a good ball, the pin eventually stops reseting the ORB targets and the four right-bank drop targets after a while. Additionally, it also refuses to score any of the bulls-eye targets (e.g. behind the ORB, by the Queen's Chamber, etc) - but some of the scores continue to work (e.g. in- and out-lanes). Once the ball drains, everything goes back to working as usual. If I have a bad score / shorter-duration ball, the pin plays fine. Is this symptom a "feature"? The MPU is an Alltech and (so far) this is the only issue I don't understand.

#4 4 years ago

Thank you for confirming that this is not a Centaur play feature. My mechanic is coming by week after next and we will check and re-flow / replace any connectors. The MPU board looks like it's in good shape but I assume the ribbon cables are from 1981(?).

2 months later
#5 4 years ago

Hello again. After re-pinning all MPU & driver connectors and having the MPU sent back to Alltek, I still have the problem. HOWEVER, I've now narrowed it down. This problem is repeatable when all drop targets in the Queen's Chamber have been knocked down. (Maybe) related is that the release all balls feature doesn't work when the target is hit; it just scores 5K points. The targets all pass / show up during the switch test. Thanks again...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

£ 195.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 17.50
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,195 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.50
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JustAl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-centaur-stops-scoring-most-targets?tu=JustAl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.