• Latest reply 1 year ago by RightNut
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pic (resized).jpg
#1 1 year ago

I got to fixing this game, and the little shaft that opens the EOS switch when it resets all the way is missing. See the pic. I thought about a little bolt through it with nuts on either side, but the "max out" shaft sticking through the back has a stop that it would run in to.

How have people fixed this in the past? Is there a part # of something I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance.

pic (resized).jpgpic (resized).jpg
#2 1 year ago
Quoted from RightNut:

I got to fixing this game, and the little shaft that opens the EOS switch when it resets all the way is missing. See the pic. I thought about a little bolt through it with nuts on either side, but the "max out" shaft sticking through the back has a stop that it would run in to.
How have people fixed this in the past? Is there a part # of something I should be looking for?
Thanks in advance. [quoted image]

Is the hole threaded ?

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from oldpins:

Is the hole threaded ?

Unfortunately, no. The other stepper looks like the bar is riveted in.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from RightNut:

I thought about a little bolt through it with nuts on either side, but the "max out" shaft sticking through the back has a stop that it would run in to.

What about just a shallow bolt head (like a pan head) under the stepper gear, and a locked pair of nuts, or a lock nut above the gear with enough bolt exposed to activate the switch stack? If that doesn't work you could assemble the bolt and nut(s) and then file off as much of the bolt head as you'd need to clear whatever is under the stepper gear.

/Mark

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from MarkG:

What about just a shallow bolt head (like a pan head) under the stepper gear, and a locked pair of nuts, or a lock nut above the gear with enough bolt exposed to activate the switch stack? If that doesn't work you could assemble the bolt and nut(s) and then file off as much of the bolt head as you'd need to clear whatever is under the stepper gear.
/Mark

Good suggestion. I'll try something like that.

I didn't catch the reset coil in the pic, but it's pretty fried because the switch never opens! Thanks for he suggestions!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-carnival-sepper-reset-shaft and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.