4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by BigUgly
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BigAl56.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 4 years ago

You are off to a good start. With the home pin everything starts at the power supply and you are on track checking the voltages.
You say the game is booting? and you can launch a ball? Is everything working otherwise except for the switch problems you describe?

Your problems appear to be with the display and switches. It's been a while but at least you have the schematic and support manual.
Read through it and try running the self tests.

I glanced over the matrix diagram and it appears all the switches you are having problems with are on the same row of the matrix. That's an important clue and could indicate a bad connection to the mpu board or a faulty driver chip.

I would start by trouble shooting the simplest a loose wire or bad connection at the board. If you have the same schematic I have the matrix is shown in figure 2A. Mx0 wire appears to be common to all the switches that do not work. Since the problem is split between the tilt and the playfield I'm guessing if it's a wiring issue it's gong to be with the MPU connection.

Bally home pins are indeed excellent starter games to learn on. Overall not much value but in working condition a good starter pin for a young family.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodhaven, MI
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.50
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Homer Glen, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BigAl56.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-capt-fantastic-home-edition-ball-kick-out-?tu=BigAl56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.