(Topic ID: 275928)

Bally Capt Fantastic - 2nd ball doesn't kick out after drain - Fixed!!

By Barakawins1

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

909453ED-6B04-4990-B8EF-447E02E48FE0 (resized).jpeg
096AC695-FDCB-4F91-9DC4-2E7C87F5C416 (resized).jpeg
5CF1240C-A109-43A2-9F90-108A83491F66 (resized).jpeg
789D5931-3EFA-4B0C-9532-C9D28F9DBD7E (resized).jpeg
611E4BE9-2F49-4968-8DAB-1925D17FD736 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RC_like_the_cola.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

So I'm working on a captain fantastic. The first ball kicks out after startup sequence. When the ball drains, 2nd ball not kicking out. I cleaned the ball drain
contacts and no issues there. Wiring good. What to check next?

Is the bonus counting, then no kick out or does the bonus not count down? I ask because every now and then mine does that. It is not every game, but every now and then, a drained ball will not count bonus and go to the next ball or player (in multiplayer game). I've checked schematics and traced and cleaned all switches associated with this process, but it still happens. It went away for a few months, but popped up again the other day. And on mine, if you activate something that causes vibration, like a bonus advance or drop target while the ball is in the outhole, the bonus will then count and go to the next ball. See if that does anything. Do you have schematics?

EDIT: You linked the Bally home model. Is that the one you have or the EM commercial game? My advice is about the EM.

#5 3 years ago

Yes, the bonus will count after any ball that hits at least one switch. If you were to plunge and drain without hitting a switch, it should kick back to the shooter lane. Bonus unit is under the playfield. If you haven't cleaned and lubed that, I would start there. The bonus relay is in the back right on the bottom of the cab. Hard to reach, but make sure it's switches are clean and adjusted, as well. Did you try activating a switch that causes the bonus to increment while the ball is in the outhole?

RC

#7 3 years ago

https://www.ipdb.org/files/438/Bally_Capt_Fantastic_1062_Schematic.pdf

On the bonus relay, only one is normally closed. The very top switch. Make sure it is clean and adjusted so you get the wiping motion as it activates/deactivates. All the others are normally open.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Woodhaven, MI
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 15,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RC_like_the_cola.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-capt-fantastic-2nd-ball-doesn-t-kick-out-after-drain?tu=RC_like_the_cola and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.