(Topic ID: 326796)

Bally bridge rectifier board 4 flipper question

By stlkevin02

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WIN_20220602_19_58_40_Pro (resized).jpg
    DFD4EA1F-EBBA-4567-80A4-0FD288CB4878 (resized).jpeg
    D8AA72B9-D92E-4386-ACA7-709769DFCF9A (resized).jpeg
    DE418BE9-5E5D-4E9A-880D-36F4D37C7736 (resized).png
    39607EB9-1355-420E-B4EF-53C682E8C55E (resized).png
    EB026CE7-0F19-4BF0-9A62-CFA01F69D695 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mad_Dog_Coin_Op.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 1 year ago

4 flippers draw more amps than 2. It is wanting a larger 7 amp fuse in F4. This has nothing to do with your upper flipper issue. Attach some photos of your lower flippers from the under side of your playfield. There is a switch on them that gets closed when you flip that controls the upper flipper on the same side. It should be piggybacking off your lower end of stroke switch.

#7 1 year ago

The solder job on the first photo is pretty rough. I can't tell what is going on there. You might want to consider redoing that. The second is much cleaner. Let's considerate on that one. With the game off, lift the playfield to service position. Set your multimeter to tone test and clip a lead to both terminals of the second switch in the switch stack (red / black wire and brown wire). Now manually move the flipper to the activated position. When fully activated do you get a tone / continuity? That is what completes the circuit and fires the upper flipper on that side of the game. The way it looks now I am thinking it doesn't make good contact, so the upper flipper doesn't flip. The wiring seems ok but someone else might see something I am overlooking. Did you replace the coils, or did it come to you like this? We might need to see photos of the upper flippers too.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from stlkevin02:

So I cleaned up both right coils, their work and mine and the right ones work now. I then ran out of solder lol. I have 3 out of 4 now. I don’t have a consistent voltage across the top left coil lugs so I’m thinking it needs to be reflowed to get a better connection. I’m thinking this since the power goes through the left coil first then to the right.

Progress it a good thing.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mad_Dog_Coin_Op.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-bridge-rectifier-board-4-flipper-question?tu=Mad_Dog_Coin_Op and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.