Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

0Bow-Arrow-Work2 (resized).jpg
IMG_20161002_114042 (resized).jpg
IMG_20161002_114026 (resized).jpg
bowandarrow 2 (resized).JPG
bownadarrow 1 (resized).JPG
tmp_4588-IMG_20160930_213530_noexif1850899561.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoQuarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 7 years ago

Here are a couple photo's. This is from my Bow and Arrow. There is only one switch which mounts to the coil bracket. The photo from the parts book Rolf posted shows two or three switches on the switch stack but I believe that is not how it is my game either.

There is only one switch - one set of points to open and close. Blue/Red wire on one leaf and a brown/tan wire on the other leaf. ( I don't have a schematic at hand but visually those seem to be the wire colors but may have a different call on a schematic) There is only one switch on my game and there are no other wires hanging loose etc. My game is quite original and does not appear to be hacked or missing anything. One switch only attached to the coil bracket.

I also noticed now that you mention it, that my game also advances the lights as the spinner is activated but does not step the bonus on the 10th step. Points open and close correctly so I would guess there is a switch over on the bonus stepper itself that is dirty or not getting the signal for some reason from the spinner.

bownadarrow 1 (resized).JPGbownadarrow 1 (resized).JPG
bowandarrow 2 (resized).JPGbowandarrow 2 (resized).JPG

#9 7 years ago

Thanks for posting the video. After checking that my switch activated correctly on the spinner I did some further checking.

After cleaning the points at the spinner and at the relay I still found I wasn't advancing bonus.

I then looked closer at the switch on the spinner itself and found a loose solder joint at the blue/red wire. Re-soldered the connection and now the bonus advance is working !

All good now. Now to really rack up the scoring.

3 months later
#11 7 years ago

answered your PM - here it is if others wonder

1,000 2,000 3,000 4,000 5,000 lights at saucer up top and target in middle do alternate all through a game. Only stop very briefly when you go in the saucer or hit the target. Then continue to cycle. ( kind of a random award when you go into saucer or hit the target - it is not a progressive feature )

IE - go in the saucer when its at 3,000 it also opens the gate back to the shooter lane. Lights continue to cycle.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 119.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoQuarters.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-bow-and-arrow-spinner-stepper?tu=NoQuarters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.