(Topic ID: 5441)

Bally Bow And Arrow score reel

By 808815808815

12 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Hey, i just recently bought my very first pinball machine. its an EM 1974 Bally Bow and Arrow. i have had a couple problems, but after a couple hours of examining the parts of the machine i had been able to fix them. i now have a new problem, and i cant find a solution. i have been at it for a couple of days, and i have read the manual cover to cover at least 20 times. My problem is, i was playing the game, all was working well, then when i hit a 10 point bumper, the point reel spun to one, but got stuck half way. i was worried it would get burnt out, so i quickly shut off the machine. i assumed it was just stuck and i could wedge it loose, but that wasn't it. i think i have narrowed it down to the contacts that support the 10 point reel. if anyone has had a similar problem, i would greatly appreciate your response. Thanks.

#2 12 years ago

Ah, good old Bow and Arrow. BD and I have a particular fondness for that machine!

#3 12 years ago

Make sure the plunger on the score reel moves smoothly when you trigger it by hand.
    You may want to replace the coil sleeve as it may be dirty and gunky.

#4 12 years ago

Hmmmm......sometimes it takes a lot of trigger time to get the score reels right
    3-4 times I sometimes go back until they work/run the way I like it.

A few other places you can look
    1) the relay that controls the 10 point score reel
    2) Playfield contacts that are worth 10 points

Next time you set the game up for play ball1 /player 1 hit all the 10 point targets and/or rollovers by hand and see if any one contact causes the problem to re occur.
    Sounds simple but a lot of times after a re-ring job the contact gap can get too close.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-bow-and-arrow-score-reel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.