View topic image gallery

IMG_1311 (resized).jpg
IMG_1309 (resized).jpg
IMG_1307 (resized).jpg
IMG_1301 (resized).jpg
IMG_1306 (resized).jpg
IMG_1305 (resized).jpg
#1 2 years ago

I have a Bally Playboy that counts the total bonus number correctly at the end of a ball, but a couple of the numbers are not in order. When playing the game the bonus gets added on the playfield 1,2,7,4,5,6,3, etc. And when it counts at the end of the ball it counts in that order.

I checked wiring on the lamps and the J3 lamp board connector. They are both correct per the schematic. I also swapped out the lamp board with a known working one with no change.

The easy solution would be to swap the wires at the J3 connector, but I'm wondering where the problem could lie?

#2 2 years ago

Post some clear pictures of the lamp driver board J3 connector, J4 connector and the wiring on both those playfield lamps.
Also pics of the U8 and U10 chips on the MPU board.

#3 2 years ago

As Quench says. I think you have wires crossed. The playfield wiring schematic will tell you the correct wires for those lamps.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Post some clear pictures of the lamp driver board J3 connector, J4 connector and the wiring on both those playfield lamps.
Also pics of the U8 and U10 chips on the MPU board.

Hope these help....

IMG_1301 (resized).jpgIMG_1301 (resized).jpgIMG_1305 (resized).jpgIMG_1305 (resized).jpgIMG_1306 (resized).jpgIMG_1306 (resized).jpgIMG_1307 (resized).jpgIMG_1307 (resized).jpgIMG_1309 (resized).jpgIMG_1309 (resized).jpgIMG_1311 (resized).jpgIMG_1311 (resized).jpg
#5 2 years ago
Quoted from TZ:

Hope these help

Cheers,
Looks to me like the wires are crossed at the lamp sockets. They've been re-soldered at some point.
3k bonus lamp should have the yellow-black wire
7k bonus lamp should have the yellow-brown wire

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from Quench:

Cheers,
Looks to me like the wires are crossed at the lamp sockets. They've been re-soldered at some point.
3k bonus lamp should have the yellow-black wire
7k bonus lamp should have the yellow-brown wire

I will double check when I get home. Thanks!

#7 2 years ago

Bingo. Black and brown stripes on the wires are tough to differentiate after 40 years. Thanks for the help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Coffs Harbour, NS
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 10.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Diego, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 12.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Macomb, MI
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-bonus-count-out-of-order and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.