Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen_Shot_2013-08-11_at_12.18.35_PM..png
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider systemlcp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Been helping someone fix up a Black Rose and we ran across an interesting issue. When the coin Door is closed, it thinks shows the slam tilt switch as being stuck closed. In switch test menu, when you close the door it shows row 1 & 2 of col 2 being activated. Hit the actuall slam tilt switch seems to cause the same result. Seems like some current might be going thought the door too. Anyone run into this before/ have any advice? Thanks in advance.

#3 10 years ago

We just resolved an issue with the service buttons (replaced them and the ground wire pin3). if I remove the coin door harness and close the door switch, the issue persists. So I'm looking for a wire grounding out to something? anything else you can think of that would cause it?

#5 10 years ago

Here are some pics if thats helpful. we replaced the service buttons and pin 3 and the wire on the j3 connector.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#6 10 years ago

I'm thinking either the new service buttons are grounded to the bracket, or j3-4 is hitting j3-3 with the new pin. Going to go look at it again tomorrow.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#7 10 years ago

what about a shorted diode? would that cause the same issue? or should I be looking at the returns on the cpu board?

Screen_Shot_2013-08-11_at_12.18.35_PM..pngScreen_Shot_2013-08-11_at_12.18.35_PM..png

#8 10 years ago

Issue is, closing 22 also closes 21. This issue persists if I disconnect J3 from the coin door interface (so I don't think it's the result of replacing the service buttons). I'll be going back over to work on it and look for a short somewhere tonight or tomorrow. Any tips are appreciated.

#11 10 years ago

Connector on the MPU board was the problem. row short between 1 & 2.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 40.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 34.95
$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider systemlcp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-black-rose-slam-tilt-stuck-on?tu=systemlcp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.