Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by smersh
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hello. Im working on a bally black rose. This pin has been worked on by others and now my turn lol. "The problem" NO Flippers. I can get the right flipper to flip up during hold power test but not the upper right or left flipper. The fliper switches wont register either under switch test. It has a rottindog fliptronics board and rottondog cpu. Kinda stumped and looking for ideas. Thanks

#2 2 years ago

Swap in a known good Fliptronics board as a first step to see if it is a board problem?

#3 2 years ago

Can you post a picture of the two boards?

Edit: Rottendog uses dip switches on most of their boards. Make sure those switches are set for Black Rose.

#4 2 years ago

I feel like isolating the flipper by grounding out its transistor could prove helpful. If my calculations are correct, if your flipper wont fire after grounding it out, then its either an issue with the wiring of the coils or a cracked solder joint on your flipper board.

You could take a digital multimeter to the flipper board and check for continuity and resistance and just simply look up what the specs should be. If its a bad transistor you can just solder in a new one. Or replace the board your call.

#5 2 years ago

Update! Game all working now. Flippers are good. Had to reconnect Power driver board J112 and put new diodes on all flippers. I destroyed three transistors in this adventure on the flipper board so replaced them. Seem good to go. Thanks for the help.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

4,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hackensack, NJ
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Marietta, GA
$ 34.95
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-black-rose-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.